translate

Wednesday 17 July 2013

P'U'R'R'R'F'E'C'T PALS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


P’U’R’R’R’FECT PALS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I was happy until he came

Now life will never be the same

He thinks I’m a game

He bit me

Now I’m lame

Why did Mummy bring in that stray?

I wish he would go away?

Well at least he can’t sleep in my bed?

And my dish is high

When I’m being fed

Mummy went mad

When he nipped my leg

He put on his eyes

And began to beg

They call him Roger

What a stupid name

I can’t deal with him much longer

No longer am I going to be tame

I have a plan you know?

And that is to make him go

Run away?

 Perhaps today?

But how do I do this?

Scratch him?

Make a hiss?

Will he be afraid

Let me think whilst I lay in the shade

I fell a sleep

Woke up he was there

He’s such a creep

His toy he was trying to share

He didn’t bite me?

He licked my face

As though to talk to me

He wanted to play

Not chase

We actually had a good day

Well that was last week

Now we know how to speak

We are friends you see

He loves me

I sleep in his bed

He keeps me warm

Protects me when there is a storm

He follows me all around

I’m glad Mummy got him from the pound

I think he will be staying around

No comments: