translate

Thursday 11 July 2013

HOW OR WHY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HOW AND WHY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A beautiful blue butterfly

Floated from the sky

I watched in amazement

 Wondering how and why

Would such beauty

Be created

For such a short life

Then it will die

Why go to all that bother

Given wings to fly

And colours

  Can’t be recreated by man?

So rich are the reds

Vibrant are the blues

Nothing is bland

One shade only they couldn’t choose?

He sits on a flower petal

Avoiding the nasty nettle

 How pretty he looks there

Without a care

Little does he know

Old age he won’t share

He puts on a show

Then peacefully he will go

I’ll never see him again

But I  won’t ever forget

The beauty before me

The friend I met

Now he flies with the angels

Higher in the sky

And I will never know

How or why

No comments: