translate

Monday 15 July 2013

BUYING WHITE GOODS AND EATING GLASS


Good day to you all. I went to bed last night and got up again. I just can’t breathe? The heat is too much. I know I am complaining, and the summer days are lovely, just turned down a little bit?

 My Husband brought me a gift I’m not too happy about from the States.

A sore throat. I am swallowing glass.

My teen worked yesterday from seven in the morning, till four in the afternoon. He was then picked up by Daddy Bun, and took with Bunches and Co, to an opening in Leeds of a restaurant of Daddy Buns friend.

Then I suspect it was back to Daddy Buns hot tub and bed, as he will be shattered. He didn’t get home till after eleven the night before, then to be up at six, for work?

He will come home I’m sure reluctantly today, as he has another shift at work. He was signed on for six hours a week, but, so far this week, he has done about eighteen,

I have just had a call, asking if he will work tomorrow too? OMG? Not sure teen will be too impressed? But it is fantastic for money for him, OK, it is slave labour, but it is so much more than he could ever earn just sitting at home?

My Husband is working from home today, then the rest of the week, working away in the UK.

I am surprised now days how many people in the UK, have hot tubs? Three people we know, have them. As a child, this was unheard of. Then a few years ago, for the rich only. Our neighbours have one. The lady was telling me last night, hers was priced at £8000?

Gosh, just like that?

To me, that is a new bathroom? I guess if they don’t need a new bathroom, and they have a spare £8000 lying around, why not? I just don’t know how they are so deer?

Their just a posh bath, aren’t they? Haha!

Hub wants one, but as our numbers didn’t come up on the Lottery last night, he will have to dream.

Well, another stifling day here. It makes me so lazy.

I have a load of white shirts in the washing machine. Well, here’s hoping they are white? 

I have to remember every item of clothing how they feel, to know what colour they are. A red top, would not be good with white? The worst thing is, if we did that, and turned the white item pink, we would not know, until someone said so?

At least our washing machine is accessible? Oh my word. You have no idea when we went to buy white goods for our kitchen; everything was so much for sighted people.

Flat screens, touch pads, digital displays. I wanted just simple turn dials, which only went so far then had to be turned back and buttons to push. Some dials turned OK? But they kept turning and turning and turning, so you couldn’t judge where you were up to.

Microwaves are the worst these days. My friend from Japan, said everything in Japan, including microwaves are in Braille and talk?

We can get talking microwaves, but they cost a fortune and they are for the blind, where is in Japan for example, it is just standard. So no discrimination. All pay the same.

We keep our heating on all year, just using the thermostat to control it, as using our boiler, is impossible. All this could be made so simple, if only the manufactures would work with visually impaired people and the designers.

OK, moan over. I shall come back to chat later, going to try again to contact my friend from Russia, been too long since we spoke and I would love her to come and see us, as she has not seen our house here yet. In 23 years, this is the longest time, since we have not seen each other. It’s been almost a year and a half.

Later gators xx

No comments: