translate

Wednesday 10 July 2013

AN INVITATION WE CAN'T REFUSE


Well, teen is out at Bunche’s house, her Mum’s new adopted Son? I just really hope he is not making a pest of himself? Mind you, I don’t think Mummy Bunches, will be pestered? Though I do feel rather bad, he is almost living there? But I did ask him to make sure he was home tonight?

I have had one text about four hours ago from Hub, saying he was leaving hotel. He has to get a flight from one part of the USA, to another, then a flight to the UK. Yesterday, he was excited, or should I say, this morning at four, as that is when we spoke? Excited about coming home? I can’t get excited, until I know he is on the train, in fact sometimes, not until he is actually pulling into our station as so many times, he has not made it home that day. If all goes to plan, in about twelve hours, he will be in London, then a long train journey from our capital to our town, then a taxi and in my arms.

 Then I will be excited.

He will be exhausted. 24 hours, is too much to travel.

My day has been good. Teen has been great, thank God? We have planted some seeds in some trays. If they come up, it will be a miracle?

In fact, that will be the second time; I will have to eat my hat in one day? Guess I best go and buy one hay?

I was just going to sleep after talking to Hub this morning, and I heard the most almighty noise? I lifted my head from my slumber and heard on my front lawn, two or three ducks?

I don’t know what the heck they were doing? I didn’t stay awake to ask, but, what a noise and no respect for those sleeping?

I, don’t know? Ducks these days have lost all their manners?

Gosh, I can’t believe how cool it has been today compared to the past week? But so lovely? I only hope the weather stays nice for the weekend? I shall tell you why? This may make you smile?

Teen came in before from his day out. He walked up to me and said

“Is Dad home on Saturday?” I said yes, he said, good, because you are both going to a BBQ!

“We, are?” Yes, talking to the guy across the road, he said you are invited. I told him I couldn’t go, because I am out to Leeds.

“Leeds?

“Yes, going for a meal, with Bunches Mum after the races for Sister Buns birthday!”

“Oh, OK? I think?

So, I guess we are going to a BBQ? Haha!

Great.

God I bet there will be a blog in that? I mean, how will we get there? How will we get back home? Oh, I just don’t want to think about the planning. Let’s just go with the flow?

It’s very nice to be invited though, as 9 times out of 10, when you can’t see, you are the ones in the street who are left out, and there is nothing worse, than sitting in the house, hearing others having so much fun, knowing the street are all invited, but you? A friend of mine, told me recently, she has lived in the same house for 26 years. Her neighbours have not spoken to her in all that time, until last year, when she put her house up  for sale. Then they all wanted to know why, when and where?

Same with our old neighbours, they never spoke, not even hello. Had loads of street parties, but not once were we invited as a couple? Now before  I married my Hub, my x could see? We were invited then, so I think it is a blind couple that people are so afraid of.

It’s a real shame, because my blind friends, are the best fun in the world. My friend Jo, is a right laugh  and she hosted the best parties in the world and my  little friend with the beautiful name, is such a lovely host, makes you feel so welcome and she and her, husband are blind.

Don’t be afraid of us? As I keep telling you, we are you, but without any vision. We still love, laugh, cry, sleep, eat, drink and even go to the toilet you know? Yep, it’s out, blind people go to the toilet just like the sighted.

So give us a chance please? You will find your life a better place to be in, I promise. Oh, unless you taste my homemade shortbread… Now then, you really won’t want to do that?

Later with love. X

No comments: