translate

Tuesday 9 July 2013

IT'S MY PARTY DON'T YOU KNOW? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


IT’S MY PARTY DON’T YOU KNOW?

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

How are you all today?

Would you like to come and play?

Mummy has for me, a special balloon

I’m going to blow it up

With my best friend June

I shall do the hard work of course

Because I’m the eldest

She’s just four

It’s for my party don’t you know?

 I shall do the puffing

June will tie the bow

It’s humongous and silver

My friend Kitty brought a banner

Mummy will blow up balloons with number 5

Grand Pop says he is going to have a jive

I asked will they have chocolate on them

I thought he was going to die

He laughed so much

I don’t know why?

Granma is baking her scones

Oh they look yummy

I just don’t understand

When they are cold inside, there is money?

How does it get there?

I ask my Granma

She says it’s a secret told from a far

Passed down through the family

Will she tell Mummy?

Not until you’re older

She says, when I have my, baby

She will tell Mummy

How rich will I be then?

If I eat all of them?

I counted 24

And lots of chocolate crispies

Oh I do so love parties?

A knock at the door

The guests have arrived

They shout “Surprise?

A bath for my Dolly

A bib saying Molly

A brush for her hair

And a jumper for bear

Oh here comes Oliver

He looks all of a bother

Girls giggle

June does her little wiggle

He’s mine, I tell her

He’s too old for you

You’re only four

And he’s five already

He brought me a pink teddy

To be friends with old bear

She has a pink ribbon

 In her fluffy hair

He brought a bag of lollypops

For us all to share

Music is playing time to dance

Shall I pinch my kiss?

Whilst I have the chance?

No I’ll wait till later

After three

When we shall play in the garden

And climb the tree

For right at the top

There is something for me

Cause Daddy keeps saying

He’s at the top of his tree

So he’s put my gift there

Just you wait and see?

My friends are now singing

Happy birthday to me!

No comments: