translate

Wednesday 17 July 2013

A TALL GLASS


Hello, I hope you are all well? Another red hot day here. My friend Beanie came today and we walked to a pub about fifteen minutes’ walk from here. It is a beautiful pub, not one I have been to before. Hub and I wanted to learn the route, how to get there, as so many nights, we would just love to go out and the only place we go to, is our local restaurant, but on a night like today, when it is really hot, a tall cool glass of (Juice!) would be lovely. So armed with my Dictaphone, off we went.

Sadly, the route is too hard for me to have taken in, but, Hub said if Beanie, would be so kind to walk with me again, and he and Long Chops would follow, he would be able to do it? LC, would learn quickly I’m sure.

When we got there, oh it was great. We sat in the beautiful garden, under the gazebo. So peaceful was the village where the pub was. I would like to live there perhaps one day? You just  don’t realise, how noisy it is here, until you go somewhere as peaceful as that place. I could hear myself breathing almost. How lucky people are just to be able to pick up their money/cards and go for a drink to the pub? We can’t do that, but, we are determined to learn, so we can. So, might see ya there?

 

The entire main road to get to the village, had awful overhanging shrubs. Really prickly ones too. They ate my face a couple of times. It was not too bad, as I was with Beanie, but if ever Hub and I do brave it on our own, we will not know the shrubs and trees are there, until it is too late.

We had a good girly chat and made our way back. I had a coke by the way…

I came in, made Hub a bacon and mushroom sandwich and teen was in from work. He is  in again tonight and at seven in the morning, till after five tomorrow tea time.

He has  Friday off and working on Saturday.

Waiting for my groceries now. They are later today? As  I said yesterday, the website has changed. It is impossible now to use fully. A real shame, when something works, why not leave it alone?

 

No comments: