translate

Wednesday 3 July 2013

COME WITH ME AND WILL SHOW YOU MY HOME?

My white house.
MY HOUSE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I love this house, I have told you about it before. It’s a white house up high on a green, grassy hill, with a curvy driveway leading from the two lamp posts at the bottom of the hill, at each  side of the drive.

As we walk or take a car towards our house, there are bouquets of lavender on the left, with sweet peas, honeysuckle and sweetheart roses.

On the right, there is the large green grassy bank, framed by cherry trees, apple blossomed and great oaks. Half way up the drive way, just on the first bend, there is our apple orchard with a small patch of wild flowers. You go through an avenue of Magnolia trees and over a small bridge. The bridge has two cherubs, made from marble, to welcome you. There is a small stream as we cross over, hearing the ripples from the water touching the stones of pure white.

Silver fish float in there and water lily’s bow with respect.

Then there is the tropical section, of palm trees and Orchids, Rhizomes, Heliconias, Alpine Asters and Bitter gourds. The ground is covered in shells and hanging bamboos chink in the breeze.

Then a large seating area in front of my house, with stone angels, Pegasus and decorative walls with imprints of angels feathers. Looking over the wall, one can see a valley of blue. Blue Jacoranda, Blue dawn flowers, and blue alpine daisy’s.

Right at the bottom of the valley, is the ocean.

This place is wonderful. Nightlights glow an orange warmth and the fluffy sky hosts a roof to my garden. I will take you inside right  now.

 

Up three marble steep steps, with black and white squares on the marble. An arch frames the doorway, with small lanterns following the arched roses around the front entrance. A small water feature greets you just before entering the heavy pine door. Because it is so hot outside, the cool air gives you pleasure as you walk through the large welcoming foyer.

Tall plants whisper as you pass them and a large Chrystal chandelier provides enough light to glisten, on the floor, as you walk through to the main part of the house.

Streight a head is the vast white marble staircase, with the centre of the stairs covered by a royal blue carpet. At the top of the stairs, is a balcony, where you can take a comfortable seat, where you will find a small table hosting a blue lamp. A blue glass floor standing vase, can be seen in the corner of the balcony with tall blue feathers coming from it.

Blue velvet cushions form a diamond on each blue leather chair, and the fragrance of coffee can be taken in from the nearby coffee machine on the  large round landing.

Looking over the balcony, I see white marble floor standing candle sticks. With enormous blue candles in them, flickering forming flame like shapes on the floors and centre mirror, with its stain glass frame.

A statue of a boy stands next to a coat rack and a tall unit with lights of blue behind the glass door shows off my collection of Chrystal animals. Arched doors lead to the other rooms, whereby I have seven doors. Just outside the first door, is the music room, where my Husbands white grand piano stands opposite the tall stone fireplace, with carvings of drift wood make the mantelpiece.

The floor in there is the same as the hallway and the blue theme continues with long blue velvet curtains and a blue glass cluster of  lights. In the second room, when the door is open, one can see the ruby room.

The ruby room is solid wood floors and a beautiful carved fireplace. Leaves are embossed as the amber flames jump to warm the tactile carved branches of what was once a local tree, cut down after a storm in our orchard.

Red Orchids are in vases of red glass, and brass and red lamps make a warm room cosy. The sofas are of red fabric and huge paintings of red flowers are hanging from the walls.

The emerald room is to do my art work in. Every wall is of a calming green colour, with beautiful art on the walls of vibrant colours! Gold’s, ambers, mauves and oranges mixed with turquoise metallic stripes.

As for the floor? This is the most unusual of all. It is made from green glass. Depending where the lights are shining, one can detect bubbles through the floor. Ivy grows outside the three tall floor to ceiling windows and the ceilings themselves, are all mirrored glass, so this is my room of design and reflections.

The forth room is one of dolls. I have oak flooring, with thick oak units full of dolls from all over the world. There are small chairs, designed for children, where one or sometimes two dolls share a pew.

I have my child’s old rocking horse with a doll on it and dolls sitting on the windowsill, which looks onto an old well.

I have a small child’s table with a  dolls tea set as though to host a tea party and this room is the most demanding, as the fiddly dusty architects, are somewhat challenging.

Some dolls are my own, others were either passed on or I bought them on my travels around the world, from second hand fairs.

I have a huge handmade dolls house, which dates back to Victorian times. This I bought at a house clearing many years ago.

I have tiny chests of drawers,  where I keep my certificates for all the dolls who live here.

The smell of wood is so good. I have a huge wooden puppet of Pinocchio.

A Russian wooden bear and some Matrioshka’s.

It is a little girls heaven with robes the size of  a box, full of dolls clothes.

Out of there, and into the Room with a view.

That room is of peach in colour. With rocking chairs facing onto the panoramic window, peering over the side of the house. I can see the sea from there. Seagulls fly by and dolphins show off their magnificent tricks as they pass my window. Seals swim past, as though to wave as they go on their way. How the ocean meets with the sky is just so captivating to the  eye and mind. To my art work as well.

The white breaks across the blue green water touches the aqua sky and palm trees blow their fingers towards the  salted liquid.

That room is so relaxing and if I open a window, I can smell the rocks, the salt and the spray from the water.

Hear the gulls and dry tapping of the palms.

The sixth room, is our dining room.

That room has a thick carpet on the floor and black ash furniture.

The dresser, has a mirrored backing so the beautiful crystal glasses are reflected. Shining against the back of the unit.

There is a highly polished piano in there too, so my Husband can entertain the guests after dinner.

The eight tall carved chairs are beautiful and have intricate design on the wooden backs.

Large paintings of dining rooms from years gone by feature on the walls of violet wall paper.

The thick carpet is black, with swirls of bright purple.

The window looks over the back of the house, to the swimming pool and blossomed pagoda.

The last room in the downstairs of the house, is the kitchen.

Room seven.

White bright units and black  marble tops with lots of chrome.  The largest room on the ground floor.

Black slate floor and black marble wall tiles.

Silver bar stools form a circle around a glass tall table.

There is a bar too, with chrome beer  taps.

Sixty spotlights are in the ceiling.

So a bright room with four waist level windows and a door into the back garden, where I have my vegetable plot.

Upstairs, is our gym, library, A huge bathroom with the Italian style going on in there, I love that. It has the huge circle bath in the centre of the room and a large unit with his and hers sinks. The shower is enormous and there is a dressing room with floor to ceiling mirrors and a makeup table as well as a hair styling table.

A guest room with  ensuit and a family room with a full size cinema. In there, there is a small kitchen, with a pizza oven and popcorn machine. I love watching movies in there, then my Sons room and our bedroom with dressing room and full size bathroom.

I love that room, it is bright with three windows and  in the top left window, and you can see the field of beautiful horses. One a white one, is mine. She is a real beauty. I love to watch her run free down onto the sands and back up again on the green hills.

Our  room, is lemon in colour with dark purple soft furnishings and a carpet.

I love to lay on our huge bed with the softest cushions at the back of my head. I feel at one with the world. So peaceful. So perfect. With wall to wall music gently  playing  soft tunes.

I love this life, this is why I love to write, because this girl, can dream?

 

Oh well, I might win the lottery?         

No comments: