translate

Tuesday 30 July 2013

BORN FOR A REASON BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BORN FOR A REASON

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I was born for a reason

To give the blind freedom

I had no choice in the matter

These four paws pitta patta

Guiding my owner

Whose name is Fiona

At first she was a stranger

Then a friend

I kept her safe from danger

Getting her from A to B

I know she can’t see

She’s now my family

Ile love her till the end

When I was ten

They said it was time

For me to retire

The end of the line

My owner did cry

As for years I was her eyes

Just because I can’t walk good today

She didn’t throw me away

She said I could stay

Keep my own bed

And cuddly toys

And stay with my big brother

Who’s now a man

I first met when a boy

Sometimes I feel bad

But get love from my Dad

It’s my hips you see

They don’t belong to me

As my brain want’s to run

And have so much fun

But my body can’t anymore

Some days I just lay on the floor

As my joints get sore

I’m an old Labrador

But like I said before

I am the lucky one

As I got to stay

With my loving family

Till the end of my day

No comments: