translate

Thursday 25 July 2013

WHY AND HOW By Fiona Cummings


Why and how

By Fiona Cummings

 The pain is too much now

I can’t take anymore

People ask why and how

I do not walk out of the door

Answer is simple

I have lost all I had

Lessons of cruelty

And treatments so bad

My heart has been shredded

When I was created

I was already broken

My teacher has spoken

Giving lectures on choking

How bony fingers become tighter

Heavy breathing gets lighter

Closer to the fire

On an iron spike

Roasting flesh

The devil does like

Gouged out eyes

Eaten by flies

Trampled on by studded boots

Buried under old roots

Forgotten and flung

On a map a crumb

Life goes on

For everyone

My soul just watches from a far

Perched up high

On a shiny star

Clouds are my blankets

For comfort now

So people can’t wonder

Why, and how

No comments: