translate

Wednesday 3 July 2013

TIME FOR A CHANGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TIME FOR A CHANGE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Empty envelope

Nothing through the telescope

My silence echoes

No passers by the windows

Feeling all alone

No tone to the phone

Cupboards bare

A mirror looks back with a stare

 What was once a full table

Has now one chair

Family have gone

No one to care

Hold out my arms

No love to share

Just one of me now

No longer a pair

What can I do about life

To make a change

Let me think for a while

See what I can arrange

Find another like me

Who is looking for a family

Who’s sick of their own misery

And talking to themselves

Take the cloth of life

And dust down the shelves

Troubles I don’t want to consume

Suck the dirt away with the vacuum

Polish up my act

As loneliness is death

And that is a fact

No comments: