translate

Tuesday 9 July 2013

I'M MOLLYS MUMMY DON'T YOU KNOW? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I’M MOLLY’S MUMMY DON’T YOU KNOW?

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I have to feed my dolly

She has Rosie cheeks and her name is Molly

I have a tiny bottle

She lies in my cradled arms

She has a freckle

On her turned up nose

And two on her arms

I dress her in lovely clothes

And give her sparkle with charms

I brush her hair

It’s curly and fair

She has long eyelashes

And eyes of blue

Today she wears only one shoe

I must look for the other

I bet it has been hidden by my naughty brother

He’s called Oliver don’t you know?

He comes with me where ever I go

Oh really?

I say, play with your friend Billy

Oliver’s too young for me, too silly

I’m all grown up you see

Oliver is only three

I shall be five on my next birthday

I shall have some girls around

And we will play

Mummy asked who my guests shall be

I said no way boys who are aged three

Mummy of course shall prepare a tea

Of fine cakes

Triangle sandwiches

And ice cream with flakes

My Grandma will bake

Probably those magic scones

Oh they are amazing don’t you know?

Inside them there is money

“Will I get rich?

I ask Mummy

I wonder how Grandma cooks the coins?

Is she magic like a witch?

I don’t know why

But Mummy says

Not to call Grandma a witch

I just sigh

I just want to know how and why

Money is in scones and not cakes

Oh I shall have china plates

 And tiny tea cups

The ones with the gold

And red tulips

A lace table cloth

And matching napkins

Only the best

And finest things

There will be ginger bread men

And party rings

Then my cake will be brought in

Everyone shall sing

I shall blow the candles out

Then people will shout

“Make a wish?

This year I shall ask for a kiss

From a boy at school

He is so cool

He has jet black hair and olive skin

Chocolate eyes and so very slim

 He lets me ride his bike do you know?

  Racing me he runs

1 2 3 let’s go go go

Then we play with his guns

They shoot water you see

He likes to wet me

I scream and hide

But he finds me

Then we go for another ride

Me on his bike he on his scooter

Then time to come home

And have lemonade with my tutor

She teaches me violin you know

I don’t quite know why

But when I play

My dog does cry

And then he runs away

Anyway I shall go for now

And chat another day

 

No comments: