translate

Tuesday 9 July 2013

TOYS AND JOYS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


TOYS AND JOYS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My dolly is in her cot

Mindy Monkey in her favourite spot

Sitting on my windowsill

Ragdoll hangs by a hook on her hat

On the door

Duffy dog on my fluffy mat

On the floor

And in bed with me

Is my teddy

He is tatty torn and lame

 But I love him all the same

He was my Granma’s from many years ago

He saw the war don’t you know?

He wears a jumper knitted all colours

He has little checky trousers

Clothes made for him by my great Gran

He is cream and his ears are tan

He only has one hand

I think he lost the other in the war

I remember my Grandma telling me that before

So was he in battle

Did he protect his castle?

Did he fly in the fighter planes?

Was he tied up in chains

Oh what a brave bear

So I show him so much care

He keeps me safe through the night

I feel safe don’t need a light

I will dream now about my toys

And tomorrow I’ll have fun with the girls and boys

No comments: