translate

Thursday 4 July 2013

MY DAY SO FAR


Hello my Bloggets. It has been a very odd day for me personally today. Firstly, I had a good walk with my dogs. My friend Arty came and we took to the field two of three dogs.  BB, and Wagga. The weather was a little confused. She didn’t know, if she wanted to rain, blow a gail, or be sunny.

Well, in the end, she put her sun hat on and took her fan of cool wind, to keep her cool.

My Waggatail, guided me on her harness whilst Arty, walked old Black Beauty.

Wagga did excellent in her guiding. As really impressed with her, she is showing signs of improvements.

It was rather funny though, because a man passed me and asked if I was training Wagga? Ha. I said, it may look like that, but really, I’m not training, this is the real deal?

My friend said it was because I didn’t look blind, she said she thinks of me as Fiona, not a blind person?

Well, that is good, as Fiona I am

A mad, crazy person. Much like Arty.

She is a nice person and I am really grateful for her help with our dogs, at least once a week, they get a free run.

And run they did, even my old dog stretched her limbs.

Waggatail was so exhausted; she went to lie down under a tree, for shade.

With them being black, they get hot quickly.

She sounded like a steam train.

There were a few dog walkers on there today. A really nice old man? Well, I thought he was a really nice old man.

He was so chatty with his two little dogs. I must say, they made the oddest sounds?

I thought they had broken squeaky balls in their mouths?

My friend Arty, laughed and said, it was just the dogs pulling the man.

I said, oh, bless him, and is he really old?

She said, no, he is a young man?

What?

He sounded about seventy?

Hahahahaha

Glad I didn’t ask him about his pension and bus pass?

Not to mention his retirement?

Then there was a lady with three dogs, another crazy lady, I mean, who would have, three dogs?

Oops, that’s right, me.

She was nice, even when Wagga spoiled the fun by removing the ball from one of her dog’s tight grip.

Then, oh boy, there was a lady, who I am sure was responsible for the rain threat.

Her face was like thunder for sure.

OK, fare enough, she had a tiny dog, and OK, my Waggatail rounded her small dog up, like a sheep, but there was no need to have a face like a smacked bottom?

My Wagga was just doing her sheep dog impression.

I guess that makes me the farmer?

Yes I can see that, farmer Fi!

“Not!”

Well, we got home and Wagga did perfect in guiding me. Her best work yet.

Then it was Long Chops turn but this time it was teens turn.

He took her.

He likes Arty. That is unusual for him to like anything?

I’m saying nothing more on the subject?

Ha.

Now I am sitting in my favourite room. Our conservatory.

It is eight o clock and I have just realised, I have not had food today.

I don’t really feel like anything.

I have a friend, who cooks the most amazing meals for herself. For lunch. I tell you, she is wonderful. She cooks curries and they sound delicious. She writes down her ingredience. I asked her yesterday how long it takes to make? As they sound so difficult to do?

 Really admire people like her. Who bother with themselves.

I thought this morning, you know, I am always worried about other people. I really think of others so much and never myself.

How bad is that? About time, I thought about my health and welfare a little more and let others get on with life, but to be honest, I have never been that kind of person, so I’m not sure I could change now, but I really have time of people who do take care of themselves. Like exercise.

I did go on the treadmill today though. And this time not to dust it, or reach a window to open. I turned it on and made myself walk faster and faster then I broke into a run.

Did you feel the earth move?

I only ran for about ten minutes, but after a fast walk for about ten minutes, I had enough. I was not at all breathless, but, my legs killed. Like an elastic band was getting tighter squeezing my calves.

After I moved for in total about twenty minutes, I asked my Son to see how many calories I had lost?

When he told me, I laughed, and said

“OK, very funny, now tell me the true amount?

Oh.

Right.

About three crisps…

OK, so I won’t lose weight, but I will get healthier?

I just wish I could do that every day, or even three times a week and it is stupid me saying I will, as every time I say I will do something, I don’t so we shall see what happens.

I spoke to someone today who has had a slap in the face as far as their job has gone on. They may as well have been beaten by their boss.

When someone gives 100% to their work/career, and their boss treats them in a manner of no confidence, how do they carry on?

I couldn’t.

But  does that make me a quitter?

I guess it does. A winner would stay in that job and step on toes and make life for their boss difficult.

Block them in everything they do, or try to do. For sure they don’t continue to be a yes person. That is called a doormat.

This person is great. A perfectionist. Deserves the best and I pray they get the best.

 I read a great frays today that went something like this

“Doors close for a reason. Wait patiently and wait for another door to open. Walk through it and take with you your knowledge.

Not exactly those words, but, that was the meaning. I thought that was great.

So now, I will try to be strong for this person, who feels let down. To be strong, I need strength.

Where do I get that from?

You guys. x

No comments: