translate

Monday 22 July 2013

SUMMER LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Summer love

By Fiona Cummings

 

Across a crowded bay

I felt the words you wanted to say

Your smile told me, we were meant to meet

On that fine day

Covered by a blanket of heat

I didn’t want you to go away

We both shared our holiday

Chatting on the sands

Walking holding hands

Laughing at our plans

Our future

Our different culture

From tourist maps we made fans

Our laughter could be heard for miles

Upon our faces we couldn’t disguise smiles

My heart skipped a beat

At a show we took a seat

What concert was before us

We weren’t sure

For our eyes could only see the lust

A feeling so pure

We shared a passionate kiss

We sailed the ocean so bliss

How could this be

I felt so free

You gave me such feelings

Your words were like miraculous healings

I was better than before

I came to this distant shore

As the days ended and the nights closed their curtains

Nothing anymore was certain

Apart from we had to say goodbye

My summer had to die

No questions could be asked

Nothing ending with why

This had to be our past

Good things never last

I learned you had another

I was just your summer lover

But how could this be

Your heart acted like it belonged to me

Your eyes couldn’t lie?

And we didn’t even have to try

So natural we were, you and I

I wanted to give you my number

But when suggested

Your eyes read thunder

A goodbye kiss

My summer love I so miss

I have never seen him again

And I still suffer

And feel the pain

How could I mean so little

An yet feel so much

How could he lie with his words

And the velvet touch?

Does he ever think of me?

By the bay

I guess with his family?

I will never forget

That summer holiday

I don’t regret

What I had to say

I told him I loved him

Though my words he did not echo

I shall never remove from my mind

The day he first said hello

 

No comments: