translate

Friday 5 July 2013

THE WINNERS


Well I am back from the shop. OMG? OK, trust me to go not only on bin day, but on sports day at the zoo? As I left the house, the heat met me at the door. The feeling of dread, an yet some adrenalin, as one has to build themselves up to get out the door. I know pathetic? That’s me.

I could hear the whistles from sports day at our local school. Microphones screamed out voices of Reds, |blues, do we want purple to win? And so on.

Children cheered and Mums and Dads applauded. Oh God, here we go Waggatail? Don’t let me down?

Well, we only collided with two bins out of seven on the way there, and one on the way back. The one on the way back, I sent flying. Hahahaha. God knows where that has gone; I for sure didn’t look for it?

I tell you, one body slam from me, and you’re gone.

Well, on the way there, Wagga was great. Hard work, as I had to keep prompting her. Encouraging her to at least walk?

She so wanted to play with the children and there was one moment, that I thought I would find myself right in the middle of the egg and spoon race.

But no, we did it, we got there.

I bought some milk, two large bottles of it, and then a bag of chicken steaks.

My fingers were snapped off before I left the shop? My friend Arty brought me some fabric bags but in my stupidity, I forgot them.

Oh Wagg didn’t want to come home?

She was dreadful, then all of the mums and Dads, children, like siblings of the sporting hero’s, were coming out on their bikes, there were  Mums pushing prams and a dog decided to go for my Wagga, thank God, she didn’t retaliate? My BB would have done?

We started to loss our way, I have realised I don’t do crowds.

The noise was awful. I could not hear my footsteps or sounds of walls, lamp posts, trees, so I was totally lost. Wagga wanted to take me to the tactile to cross the road, I knew that was not where we had to be, I pulled her to the right, and then she was delighted as she was heading to the school field?

So I decided to stop. I waited only a second before asking for help. Oh my word? I hate asking for help? I cringe. In the meanwhile, my pocket was singing to me, my mobile telling my Hub was calling?

Oh I wanted his hand right then?

I didn’t answer it?

The lady just moved me three steps that was all I was lost? God, really?

Anyway, after then, she was OK, Wagga that is, not the lady, as she, was a star. The people here are so incredibly friendly, I really really promise you, I have never come across such friendly people.

I lived in Newcastle, where we are the friendliest in the UK, but, I say now, us Geordies are great, but these Yorkies, are better.

(“Sign of the cross”) Haha!

Right, so we got home at last, I was exhausted. Oh Wagga was so bad, going great! Coming home dreadful. This is what I mean, you just never know, what head she is going to put on?  A bit like my teen?

I sat on our outside front bench and called Hub back. He told me what I was saying to the lady? Hahahahahah. I must have pressed answer? My jeans were too tight, as I had no hands as Wagga’s harness was in one hand the bag of groceries in the other

OK teen now is telling me he made a sacrifice for me this morning, so can I make his dinner? I asked him what sacrifice?

Answer?

He got up at nine today.

OK, he went back to bed till mid day too?

So off I go now to be a slave to the kitchen, but now that my wonderful earphones have just arrived, I can go out this wonderful sunny day and chat more later. Too hot to iron and house is tidy. I shall brush dogs and water plants, do floors and then go out to relax. xx

No comments: