translate

Sunday 15 December 2013

WHO WAS SHE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Who was she?

By Fiona Cummings

She took my hand

Seamed to understand

Though didn’t talk

I heard a voice

Though we didn’t walk

We moved

My choice

I didn’t want to stay here

I needed to remove the fear

She did it for me

How, I don’t know

Such kindness she did show

She made me laugh

Though didn’t tell a joke

I felt cold

She gave me her cloak

I was safe

Could see it in her face

She showed such love

Saw right through me

Gifted me so I could see

What was in front of me?

Lifted my hand to say goodbye

To my shadows behind me

Wiped with feathers tears I had cried

She saved me

Who was she?

Gave me the key to set me free

Knocked at the door

And invited me in

Released feelings deep within

Patted a velvet cushion for me to sit down

And blew away my painful frown

Painted on a smile

Told me it was not just for a little while

Kissed my cheek

Gave me strength as I was so weak

I saw the sun though it was bleak

My golden cup was half full

No longer half empty

Baggage I didn’t have to pull

Love I found plenty

It was my turn now

Look at the lines on my brow

They got there with life

Not living

Troubles and strife

And giving

Being pushed out of the door

Kicked to the floor

Now look at me

But who was she?

 

No comments: