translate

Wednesday 25 December 2013

CHRISTMAS DAY FOR THE BLOGGET FAMILY


Christmas day 2013

This was the first year I didn’t get up at silly time with my Son. Hub was first up. He has taken over the child in the Blogget house. Couldn’t wait to see what Santa had brought. I was a naughty Blogget as I opened a beautiful gift from our friends across the way last night.

Oh I received the most wonderful bottle of oil and the canes you put in to fragrance the house and a fragrant candle. Do you think she is trying to tell me our house stinks? Haha haha.

Really though, the oil she bought me is stunning, has a ginger fragrance and oh you can smell it all over the house downstairs. I love it so much. Hub and teen was spoiled by them too. Such a kind lady my friend is.

So I had to wake my boy up. Half nine I shouted

“Santa has been…

We sat on our big bed and opened our stockings first. Chocolates and more chocolates. Yummy double yummy.

I also put in Hubs, tickets to another musical extravaganza.

This time the Glenn Miller big band.

Oh Manchester again. God, will we stand the journey this time?

I bought hub his CD’s he hinted for, OK, he asked for.

Sting, Genasus and Somebody called Jake Bug I think, as well as his classical music, which I am always terrified to buy as really I know nothing about classical music.

But he hasn’t got it and it is one he wanted, so few.

Then downstairs to open our gifts. I bought Hub a Ted Baker jumper, a casual to dress shirt and a bronze pyramid. You may all know the reason I buy him pyramids?

I got him a statue too of a dancer. It is also bronze. It was really expensive, and when I received it I was as upset as really I bought it on line and couldn’t see what it looked like until I received it. Oh God, I think it is ugly, but my Son loves it as does Hub and I don’t think he was faking it.

Again, a story behind the dancer. Again, some of you may remember the story about the man who allowed us to feel the wonderful artists bronze work in a local shop?

I bought him his earphones too as his old ones like them, broke, they are really wonderful. I have some too. They are like leather.

But small and so comfortable.

I got so much, I was really overwhelmed. Some earphones USB ones, as the socket mine go into on my lap top is broken. I also got the most amazing Bluetooth speaker with totally accessible buttons on the top. Wonderful, really, it is so futuristic.

I also opened a gift I almost cried when doing so. I really thought it was an IPhone.

Thank God not, but equally a techy thing.

A new IPod. Also the best thing, you talk into it so I can use it and Hub put all of my CD’s onto it already, how brilliant is that?

Our boy bought us some lovely gifts too. Hub received tech, something he really wanted and needed, but don’t ask me what. He also received some lovely coffee and I got some beautiful candles, you know the tiny ones? They all smell of Christmassy things. Oh I love things like that; I also got a peppermint foot rub. Lovely.

Oh my dear Brother in law spoiled me rotton. He was so very kind. I got some slippers with creams/body lotions and really posh shower gels and more. Hub got some tins of very posh coffee and biscuits and more. Teen got a really nice soap bag with smellies in and more.

My dear friend from Northumberland spoiled us too. And I got some of her ornaments, they are unicorns. Very deer ones, she collects them, bless her, she says, her daughter will never want them, she knows I also collect them, though will really have to find somewhere for them, as have no space left.

She also got me lots more, slippers, really warm ones and a dog, it’s a door stop. But it’s cuddly. Well, I hope our dogs don’t think it’s a toy?

Hub was really treated well by her. She and her Husband love Hub and always get him the best gifts.

Then it came to my mad Aunt…

Oh what a story? I love her…

More later. X

No comments: