translate

Saturday 21 December 2013

CHRISTMAS CRASH


Hub is off to the football match with our friends. I am in between writing more Christmas cards and wrapping gifts, and housework. I can tell you now; I have had enough of the stress of Christmas. Really, it’s been a nightmare this year to get everyone’s gifts and write cards out. I have not sent any cards through the post. I feel bad as some lovely friends has sent ours, but last year, we had the help of someone I don’t talk about and this year not. I write cards, is the pen working? Have I written their card already? How do I get it to neighbours? Not sure who sent us a card as we have had some read to us but not all. I really don’t know what I would have done if not for our friends Olga and Di.

I think next year, I shall change my religion. Haha haha.

I have had a lot of contact with people who really are so lonely and dark at this time of year too and my heart goes out to them. Not everyone has a family to be with. Some do and still are alone.

Just remember, it’s one day and it will all be over with in a flash. All the hype is for us to buy buy buy.

It works every year. It was reported that it will take the average family until July, to get out of the debt of this Christmas.

For one day?

I think with us, it’s all spread out. My aunt came the other day, friends a couple of weeks ago some family are coming tomorrow and then there were gifts to give to people to take away for others.

So for us it’s not one day it’s a month of is that the right gift? Did I put a label on if so has it got writing on? Let alone getting out buying anything.

Well, thank God in the New Year, I have a new plan for me and shopping and this one will make me happy, unlike the arrangement I had in the past.

Grumble over humbug and all that.

Out tonight for a meal with the street. That will be nice.

Tomorrow Father in law and Brother in law coming for lunch.

Monday a friend I have never met before is coming from abroad. From a faraway land.

Tuesday all day cooking for Christmas and Wednesday the big day.

Or is it a big day? It’s a Wednesday.

The two of us will exchange gifts, hopefully watch good Television and not a day of repeats? And thank our maker for what we have.

Which reminds me, we are off to our church tomorrow for a candle light carol service. That was lovely last year and I am sure will be again.

Afterwards Hub and I are off to flexi’s house for cheese and wine. Looking forward to seeing her as she is the sweetest friend and that family were our first friends when we moved and I will never forget that.

So a time to reflect and for me to unwind the sadness I have had to endure today. I really don’t mind helping friends through this, but when it’s three friends in one morning, it gets a bit much as I want so much to help them and its hard just being an ear, heart, and word giver.

If I could do more I would.

I am off to write a letter now and then on with the housework. I shall tell you about our weekend later on and try to publish something different too. Lots of love. X

 

No comments: