translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014


My first blog of the year 2014. Well Bloggets, how was it for you?  As I sit here in the cool start of the morning, radiators clicking as I have just turned on the heating, it’s silent outside and a little after 6a.m

Our friends came over to ours last night, and we had a lovely few hours. They are a really nice couple and my friend and I chuckled as we had our own little world going on.

To cut a long story short, they persuaded us to go to the party we were invited to.

I didn’t want to go as I just feel so self-conscious, but the hosts couldn’t have been nicer and they have two Sons who are adorable.

I missed my baby so  much, but had to rise above that and my friend and I had that in common, as her daughter just turned sixteen, also was away for New year. Funny enough, she was in my old home town Newcastle.

So a bit further than my boy. The hosts were from my neck of the woods, well, Sunderland and it was lovely to be in the company of fellow North east folks.

I know where I now live, it’s considered to be the North east, but I think unless you have either a Geordie or Sunderland accent, you aren’t really a northerner….. Haha. I’m in trouble.

Well, we saw the New Year in, and did the count down and sent out our friend with some salt. In the old days, way back when I were a lass….

We used to send out a dark haired man, blonde lady and they had to have salt and coal, also something else, but I can’t remember. But our poor friend was out there and he had to stay there until the Big Ben struck midnight. Then and only then, he was allowed in.

Poor thing was cold as it was bitterly cold out there. We left, just as the Karaoke machine came out. A real shame, but Hub will not sing in public, just as he no longer will not play the piano. It’s so bad, as he is great at both and if I was as good, I would be on the street corners with my turned up hat. Hehe.

The hosts said goodnight to us and I just felt so much warmth from them, she is so lovely and hysterically funny. She should be on stage, she is that funny.

A cat wanted to be in our house the same cat our friend saw in our back garden at the back door step.

Oh I felt really sorry for it. As it looked so friendly and lost.

I hope it found its way home in the end?

This is one of many reasons I would not have a cat, because I would be a wreck when they were let out.

Our friends, the hosts of the party, have two huge cats and as I sat in their living room, she said calmly to me.

“Fiona, it’s like a zoo here. Just behind you, there is a tarantula. OMG?

They have snakes too and cat fish, as well as a hamster.

All but the cats were in tanks.

Well home and after phone calls and texts then my Son phoned me and I am pleased to say sounded very sober, we went to bed.

God, I love that boy. I only wish for this New Year, he would show the same love for me, in fact, just a fraction of love and respect, would be nice.

I so miss the relationship we used to have as it was so very special. I just don’t get how something or someone can change so much.

Well, let’s see if my faith can be restored?

So a ginormous quiche is ready to be cooked and I have lots of sandwiches to make. I prepared the fillings last night and I have a few trays of food which need cooking today, then our table will be set. We have lots of crisps and cheeses as well as pickled onions, my fave.

I could eat a full jar in one sitting.

But I can say, this for sure is the friendliest street I have ever lived in and they are all the salt of the earth.

I don’t know if our friends are still there at the party, but we didn’t hear them coming home…

A new year my friends, a new start. New hope.

All my love. Fiona. X

 

No comments: