translate

Monday 16 December 2013

A CHRISTMAS DAY OF DELIGHTS


We got up reluctantly today as the heavens were spitting out their unwanted soup and though it was mild, it had that kind of dampness in the air.

We went to the bus stop and got a bus to the theatre. Booked tickets for the pantomime for Hub and I as well as our two friends, so really looking forward to that. So sad my boy won’t come, though he seemed to be tempted yesterday. It’s just not right without him. I want him to be in my family and he so doesn’t want to do things with us. It’s sad. Hurts like hell, but my friends will enjoy it as will we and the lead actor is a fellow Geordie, so his humour, will be great.

Then we went off to buy a gift for a girl then to the Nut centre. No it’s not a therapy session for nuts like me, but a place where you can buy all spices herbs and nuts. We bought loads. We got some chocolate covered coffee beans too. Must keep them away from Waggatail as she loves them.

Hub bought his chestnuts for Christmas to go with the sprouts.

My favourite Christmas Carol is Silent night but my favourite Christmas song has the words

“Chestnuts roasting by the open fire!”

“I will have to ask Hub not to stand  so close to the open flame?”

There is something so Christmassy about a  fire and roasting nuts. I imagine the whole family around the fire and joining in with the whole atmosphere.

Hub is sorting out all of the goodies we have just bought. I am smiling as he is really excited about pouring all of the Christmas fun into our dishes and tubs.

It’s like being in the shop again hearing all of the beans and nuts being tipped into tubs.

Came out of there, leaving the fragrance of cinnamon and liquorice and crossed over the road to go to the hair dressers. Oh I was pampered and then went for lunch where I’m pleased to say they had a Braille menu.

Came home and now chilling.

The town was busy but not impossible. There was a busker singing but I was one step away from asking if he needed a pain killer as he sounded so bad. Hahaha.

Later with love off to wrap more gifts. X

No comments: