translate

Saturday 28 December 2013

JYPAMAS IN DARLO


What a funny morning I was so nervous about our taxi company not turning up again, as we were to go to our friends, you remember, the girl with the stunning name, and her gorgeous Husband, lovingly known to us as like.

Bag ready, Hubs rucksack with some wine, biscuits and chocolates in.  Coats on and ready outside to wait for our taxi.

It was already a couple of minutes past quarter past nine, not wanting to wait too long before contacting them to let them know they were late again, I was streight on the phone as we stood on our drive waiting.

“Hello, our taxi is late again.”

“Yes Fiona, it’s booked for 10.15.”

“No, no, no!”

“Yes, yes, yes, he exclaimed.

Oh my heart sunk and just as I was about to get stuck into him with the verbals, the penny dropped Hub and I realised that I was an hour a head of life.

Hub was the same as me. We had no clue of the time. I think it’s because we are not in work mode.

Anyway, we got to the station in plenty of time and from then on, it was a smooth day. Thank God for our friends in our street, who came in after a few hours and saw to the dogs.

Without them today would be impossible. My friend’s daughter, who is my adopted Niece, was waiting for us at the other side and off to their house we went, via her car.

She is a great driver by the way.

Like was waiting for us at the house and it was great to see him. I love him, he is so clever. Then their Son, Daughter in law and Grandchild were also there. I can’t believe it, my little friend from school is a Granny?

I don’t know how it’s possible, as I’m only as you all know, 32!!!!!!!

“Now now!

It was funny, as when we were walking to our train, a lady was asking if I had any children. I told her a 16 year old Son. She took a deep breath and told me I didn’t look old enough…

I told her she was my new best friend as my cheeky Hub told her to get glasses… I would laugh if she already had them.

On the way back, the guy assisting us from the station asked if we had been visiting relatives, I said our friend’s I knew at school. I said it had been 38 years since I saw one of them that was my friend’s big sister. I also said

“Thing is, I was only six months when I last saw her, hahahhha. He laughed.

 

Then Hub told him I was kidding              . He answered,

“I thought so!”

Cheeky monkey?

It was lovely to see our friends Sister, she is really lovely.

Our friends Grandchild opened his Christmas gifts from his Grandma and Granddad, Aunt and others. One of the things he received was Pyjama’s. Or as he calls them

“jypamas!”

Hahahaha. Too cute.

Our dear friend made a delicious lunch, with homemade quiche. We had a lovely day with some wonderful people for a beautiful memory.

I hope to be going on a break with our two friends in a couple of months. Love them loads and can’t thank them enough as well as our wonderful Dog watchers, though I think the girl who came in to see to the dogs was fine, but her dad was a little anxious, as Long Chops and Waggatail launched themselves at them.

Later with love. X

No comments: