translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

OCADO


 It’s a funny thought to think that Japan is next year already, nine hours plus before us. I just watched on the TV how they gather and celebrate. Gosh, they are so quiet and well behaved. A tin like bell rang and almost whispers could be heard.

So different to our noisy lot in  the UK.

My house is quiet and one member of our family is at work. The other doing the deed of the dreaded dog run.

Just on our news now, in Scotland, a lady has been killed by a stag.

I have never heard of a threatening deer, have you?

I received a very interesting call from the place/company where I get our weekly shopping from. Oh it is the best company for groceries if you are visually impaired. They are called Coad.

The website is so easy to use. I sent them an email, as they had a duvet cover, but didn’t say what colour it was. Within two days of me contacting them, they phoned me with a perfect description and not only that, from tomorrow, live they will now put all colours on their website. It’s something sighted people don’t think about, now our computer software, only describes what words it see’s, so if it’s a picture, then sighted designers of websites, expect the public to be able to see the colour for example.

As I said to them, it’s not just for blind people but those who are colour blind.

Well, good on them, as I have contacted lots of companies, and they never change their lay out.

OK, must dash now. I have to call my Father in law to see how he is doing and get some tea ready for our boy coming home from work, as he will only be in half an hour I bet, I also bet he won’t have time to eat, though I really hope he does, as tonight he won’t be home all night, in fact until tomorrow after work he will be home for the first time next year. I’m really worried until he gets back, as he is getting a lift home at half seven in the morning, and I do worry about the drunks on the road.

I will be really happy to see the back of 2013. It’s not been a good one for sure.

I pray for a lot of changes for the next year...

With love until later, Fiji Blogget, AKA Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: