translate

Saturday 21 December 2013

STOLEN ANGEL BY FIONA CUMMINGS


STOLEN ANGEL

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I wish you were still mine

To hold you one more time

To breathe your perfumed skin

To love you deep within

To give you a wedding ring

To tell you how I wish to share

Our lives together

I will be always there

By your side forever

To stroke your hair

To see the love in your eyes

Each morning I would wake with you

Would be like the best surprise

A birthday every day

But you had to go away

They came for you

Carried you off in the sky so blue

Without a warning

No time to say goodbye

Leaving me to cry

And to try to heal a broken heart

Why did they make us part

Why didn’t they take me too?

They must have known I belonged with you

I know they wanted a brand new angel

But to take you

As though in a shop like a bangle

Stolen from the shelf

Leaving me by myself

At this time of year

When others are full of cheer

I ache for you

My love my dear

What if I never find you

This I fear

Hands together I pray

For this to be a nightmare

I will wake up one day

And you will be sitting there on your chair

Flashing me your smile

Handing back my sanity for a while

Even if it’s just enough time

To say goodbye

To kiss your lips and feel your love

To hear your heart beat in time with mine

Even if you have to go back above

To give me one chance to finish our chapter

Our book of love

Life and laughter

Now I close the page

Full of rage

As there is no ending

Sick of pretending

All is right

Tired of having to fight

Wherever you are darling

Goodnight

No comments: