translate

Thursday 12 December 2013

CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE STOCKINGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE STOCKENS

Put on my shoes

Which are shades of blues?

A warm coat and gloves

As it’s looking stormy above

Step out on the December day

On my way

Off to the factory

What will I see?

Passing a snow white cat

Sitting shivering on a doormat

Waiting to be let in

The trees look so thin

With no green dresses on

Just bare branches

The wood burning streets are ghostly

No cars no one

Passing empty benches

Going through lit up arches

There it is

Smoke in a fizz

Chimneys so tall

In comparison to toadstool houses so small

Giraffe with his head in the sky

There are boxes outside

I wonder why?

Oh standing with a cherry smile

Is my favourite pixie

It’s the one and only Tixi

Next to her

Sitting on a rug of fir

Is Jim the tiny elf

 Who has the cutest dimples and strawberry curls

 His trousers are patents of spots and swirls

His shoes are pointy and heels so high

 He wore a yellow dickey bow tie

They hadn’t forgotten me

And ran to see

Why I had come to the chocolate factory

“Well, it’s Christmas

And look in my bag

Even a gift for your cat like a rag

Just as I said that ragdoll came from behind the bin

Looking to me a little thin

Dixie said the cat ran away and got lost

They worried as on the ground was frost

But it followed its nose

And came back home

Then got wrong and reminded not to roam

I was met at the door by Carter

Remember in the spring he was the new starter?

He called to his staff

And began to laugh

As he had sparkles all over his face

Oh there she is all in lace

It’s Nancy

Who’s making the place look ever so fancy?

Just look at that cake

Standing near it is Jake

There is the cook Alvin

Suddenly I’m starving

“Go around the side

Noddy will give you a ride

I heard voices inside

Toot toot

I perched on the back

Drove to the door all silver framed in black

This was the magic entrance

As through that door

Was a moving floor

Which went down

Below the ground

To a land never been seen before

It was like an elevator once inside

Just about coped after my bumpy ride

Chocolate buttons on the walls

For lights and machines

Freezers full of mini ice creams

This was a place for children’s dreams

Big balloons

Floated around the rooms

Water features poured out chocolate

Then Noddy took from his pocket

A bell

This was to alert friends I was there

Look its naughty Norman, he pulled up a chair

As I sat on it the elves and pixies did stare

Next thing I knew

Chocolate robins appeared

They flew

This was weird

And tinfoil snowmen 

Danced

 Look at Santa’s beard

And pants

Black velvet trousers

And a coat colour of roses

Silver bells

And chocolate filled shelves

Everything looked so pretty

I truly was in a heavenly city

Alright

Christmas Eve is tonight

So hear are your gifts

One at a time

As Jake played his old violin

And Maj poured red wine

Melanie started to sing

The baby bounced on a jelly

In the corner was Ellie

Decorating the tree

This was to be a gift for me

Each branch held a parcel

With a bow which did sparkle

The fern stood as high as my knees

So I could carry it home

Then naughty Norm created a storm

As he chased the elves with a banana made from foam

Maj answered the phone

It was the king and queen

So not a sound could be heard

 Apart from a falling jelly bean

   The phone went down

Maj wore a frown

She said the King and Queen were coming to see them

The Pixies shouted when?

Answer, now

So I had to run

Just as we were having fun

But before I left

I collected my tree

And all of the little friends gave chocolate kisses to me

Wished me the best

Hoped I would rest

And have a Happy Christmas

Out through the door into the roar

Of the bitter December day

For I would surely return one day

To my secret place

Of fine friends

Woven lace

Chocolate fountains

And sugar mice

Everything so nice

Hidden houses

Under mushrooms

Secret doors

And bubble gum balloons

Magical keys

Golden leaves 

A place where no one would believe

But I know it’s true

For I have seen

The largest coated coffee bean

And not forgetting the king and queen

Who would close down the factory

If it got out

What I know

Though I tell you

Keep it to yourself

Our tail of Paddy and friends

And Jim the Elf

Till next time the end

No comments: