translate

Tuesday 24 December 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS DINNER


Five hours later, all the vegetables are ready for Christmas dinner tomorrow. Hub did some of the veg, pealing and chopping the potatoes for mash, roasts too and he did the turnip and sprouts. I did the carrots, parsnips and cabbage.

I chopped the onions for my stuffing and hubs meat loaf, whilst he did all the sausage meat and breadcrumbs and eggs for the loaf. I made the Yorkshire pudding mix for tomorrow and now I have left Hub dealing with the turkey. Not a place I want to be now as he removes the giblets and pulls out the neck. Reminds me why I am a vegetarian. He also is cooking what they call pigs in blankets, sausages with bacon around them and a sprig of rosemary.

We cleaned up as we worked, whilst listening to carols on the radio. The smells are amazing all we need to do now is cook the meats and prepare the mushy peas.

We cook a lot today and put it in dishes in our heated trolley, just out of the way then heat in the microwave and trolley tomorrow. Only thing I cook on the day is Yorkshires, roast potatoes in the oven as they are half boiled today, and mash potatoes.

I’m not sure if my brother in law is coming as he normally goes to his Dads, but our Dad is not at home this year

Poor Dad is unwell but will be well looked after this Christmas.

The Christmas pudding will get cooked tomorrow with the brandy sauce. Yummy. Hot mince pies, mint chocolates and coffee

Perfect.

Hub and I have such a laugh in the kitchen, his dry humour is great and we cook so well together. The atmosphere is of happy memories.

Now what’s for tea tonight? Hahaha.

There were adverts on the radio about how to help the homeless at Christmas. Hmm. What about the rest of the year?

Also, where are the charities that help those who are alone at Christmas?

Remember my friends, be a good neighbour and your Christmases will be loving always.

A very happy Christmas to you all and again thank you for my gift from you. Your views on this page. To my Blogget family who have been here from the beginning and now my new Bloggets, you all mean the world to me. My gift to you is my love sent right out at ya all and my commitment to hopefully let you know each day you read this page, that you are never alone as I hold you all with heigh regards.

To those who don’t celebrate Christmas, well, I wish you all the very best just the same. I will make a wish tonight when I light our candle for the unknown soldiers and our past loved ones who have moved on in life, that those who really are feeling low right now, will just be patient. Just wait, your turn will come.

With love.

X

No comments: