translate

Friday 13 December 2013

THE CHRISTMAS PROMISE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


The Christmas Promise

By Fiona Cummings

You promised me

You left a note under the tree

You said you would be home for Christmas

Now look at me it’s all a mess

Your parcel is unopened

Your words are lies which shouldn’t have been spoken

My heart is broken

You promised me

Sealed with a kiss

You know it’s you I truly miss

If only I had one wish

It would be you home for Christmas

I ache for your love

I take comfort from the stars above

But they don’t hold me like you do

They don’t say I love you

You promised me

You would gift me your word

I didn’t misunderstand

I know what I heard

All this tinsel

Draped over a parcel

 So much sparkle

Whatever for

My Christmas spirit has hit the floor

I can’t keep living like this

Can’t take much more

I just beg you to make it right

Walk through the door

Please tonight?

It’s Christmas Eve

I want to believe

In my true love’s words

Let’s fly free like birds

Run away from your work

You promised me

You said just wait and see

Kisses of chocolate

And rose bud cream

I wear your locket

And feel like a queen

My insides danced like a jumping bean

For you promised me

 

No comments: