translate

Tuesday 10 December 2013

DIARY OF MANCHESTER PART 3


Part 3

Diary of Manchester

The band members were clearing the stage. The hall had been clear apart from two people who were talking to us. That was nice, as being alone feeling like you have been forgotten, is not a good place to be.

They offered to take us out, but we thanked them and said someone hopefully was coming for us.

At last, a lady came, about the seventh or eighth different person to help that day. Glad I didn’t bother remembering all of their names…

She walked us out, we ordered a taxi and she even walked us to the driver, which was really lovely of her. But, to get a taxi, and to get someone to come for us, took about half an hour. So again, no time to eat. We got to the station, the driver told us where to go as in the station, and we stood at the door, wondering where the staff were? I by then was in control God help us, as Hub was in his usual pain. He was dizzy and told me he felt as though he was going to pass out.

O

K

So I tried to hear for voices and the Tanoy, “Can’t spell that word. The escalators, lifts and just trains and people sounds were blocking my ability to hear voices. At last I heard someone and asked if they could help. Well, obviously not as nothing else came from them. I laughed when over the tannoy, it was announced that security cameras were all over the station for added security. OK, well someone please see us and come?

I told Hub to link my arm and off we went. Well, we ended up in a very quiet place. God knows where but if we were not meant to be there, hopefully someone would let us know?

I stood hoping for help.

Nothing and no one.

We came out of there and then at last a very nice lady asked if she could help. I think she was Eastern block by her accent. Thank God for her as by this time, it was about seven minutes before our train.

We had to go up the lift. Then she found a member of staff who asked our names. We told her. She told us Johnny would be the person we needed to meet with. I told her we had five minutes before our train. She asked what train and where, I told her she said no, you need the 17.11 train, I said no, the 17.01. She said no. I thought teen must have made a mistake, but when a second man came, I showed him our tickets. He looked at them and said it was the 17.11.

Johnny would come to us. Well, there was an announcement for our train, guess what time?

17.01.

Unblooming believable

  I could not hear anything it was so noisy. Then though I could not make anything out, I heard a radio. I called to it, as didn’t know if it was a man or woman.

It was the woman. I said we missed our train she said we hadn’t. Johnny would come.

I said well, now it was five past. She said we had time.

Well, about eight minutes past, I got cross and glared at the two members of staff laughing and talking about a meal they had planned. The man saw me and asked if he could help. I told him we missed our train, he said no, I checked your tickets I said well even if it is in three minutes, and we need to be on the platform?

He hummed and sighed and then said he would have to take us.

God knows where Johnny was?

Well, we had then to go in another lift. Then he stopped He asked if we needed a “Buggy?

I said no, run.

He looked again at our tickets to see where we would need to sit.

Well, you won’t believe what he said?

“Oh, you have missed your train, it should have been 17.01.”

*

OK, he had to put us on another train. I was not impressed.

It was again packed and again in someone else’s seat.

We got home in the end and I knew there would be a blog in our day, but never imagined it to be like this one.

X

No comments: