translate

Sunday 15 December 2013

NEIGHBOUR BEING MASSIAH


We got ready to go to our Cathedral. It was very cold, windy, and the rain was starting to say hello!

The sky was dark so the smell of the evening was flowing through our open front door as we stepped outside.

Hub took LC and me my cane. We stood at the bus stop for ages it seemed before a bus came by. Kevin from our local church stopped to chat to us; he is the lovely guy with the little girl who showed such interest in Braille a few months ago, can you remember me talking about her?

We got on the bus and tried to find a seat. We literally had to climb over boxes. I sat next to a lady Hub across the way. The lady asked if Hubs dog was a “blind dog. I had to say, “Well, I hope not as we are in trouble…

Oh God she started to talk and talk thend talk but it turned out that all of the boxes we climbed over were her new furniture for moving.

Haha. Oh she told me about her friend called wait for it,

“Deaf Lisa…

I said you can’t call her that? She said oh yes, everyone calls her deaf Lisa.

My jaw was aching, with talking answering her questions about what it is like being blind, how do we cope. What was it like feeding my child as a baby, how did I manage with nappies? Colours of clothing and getting him to school, Doctors and so on.

But she was lovely.

Anyway we got to the town, and then, oh she wanted to know how we knew when we were to get off?

Oh LC worked amazingly well. Through the narrow alleyways and through the arches.

 At last we were there. Well, you could not tell the difference between the outside and in the Cathedral, as it was so cold in there too. The kind lovely staff were as ever friendly and showed us to our seats.

It was packed. We were sitting next to a man. He tapped me and said

“Hi there, I’m your neighbour Michael.

I thought, Michael? It’s not Indian Harry from next door and my other neighbour Julie, her Husband would not go to the Cathedral.

Of course, you know me, I didn’t just say hello. He got the hyper Fifi

“Hey there, how are you. As though I was his best friend. The last thing I wanted him to think was I didn’t know him as he was of course my neighbour….

Well, he started to laugh as the penny dropped and he saw my hair colour.

“No not you’re neighbour as in where you live, but your neighbour as in where we are sitting.

Haha haha. Oh God. I am such a dunce.

Of course, Hub just chuckled. I don’t know how he puts up with me.

Next thing, our friend William came to talk with us, and he and his wife offered us a lift home. Oh great, it  has been ages since we have seen them to talk with properly, the last time was when we had dinner with our friends Flexi and funny welsh friend…

Then the concert began. It was The Messiah.

Two and a half hours of it. Hub wants to go to a come and sing Messiah with William. They go in the afternoon and rehearse, then in the evening, perform it for the public. Oh that would be great as Hub and William are great singers.

The concert was interesting and Hub loved it.

 we got in a nice warm car home and didn’t have to stand for a bus and, we would travel home in such style as William and Sharon, have the best car in the world. Oh it’s so luxurious. LC went in the boot part.

Next week, we are all off on a street meal. I think there are about 24 of us.

Tomorrow we are off for haircuts in the town.

A quick blog. Much more later. This blog is interrupted by the funeral of Mandela. I for sure have a blog on this later as I find the whole thing rather odd. A mixed selection for sure.

OK, later with love.

X

No comments: