translate

Sunday 1 December 2013

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN 2013

1st of December
Good afternoon Bloggets. I burned myself really badly on the iron yesterday, so I am with serious longingated mark on my arm. It was my own fault. I was talking rather than concentrating where my iron was.

Well, Christmas has started in the Fifi Blogget house. Yesterday my lovely Hub went into the loft and together we decorated our tree. I say together, as he doesn’t have a creative bone in his body. His talents are singing and playing the piano. His brain in the business world and cooking, but not decorating a tree. Hahaha.

But he helped me to find the decorations and handed me things, also untangled the lights. Now do they work this year? Who knows, well, we didn’t know until our lovely neighbour text me to tell me the tree looked lovely.

I tried to get the lights on equal.

Then the decorations began. Oh it took me six hours then on Monday, we have the real tree coming, so all to do again, but I only put about a dozen decks on there and that pleasure is the smell and lights.

I still have all my outdoor lights to hang, but will have to get help from my neighbour/friend to see if they are on the right way as last year, our poor  Santa was riding his sleigh upside down.

Oh well, he may have been an Australian Santa?

The year before last, our outdoor light of a ringing bell, as in the donger thing, hahaha. Was going side to side upside down as the outdoor lights do not make any sense to me. Even Hub who is great at looking/seeing things with his touch, can’t tell not only what way they go, but we can’t even tell what the heck the lights are!

There not obvious.

Hub has left the house and has gone to our Cathedral.

He did tell me what was on, something to do with Christmas.

He won’t be back for hours though.

The house is so quiet, after all the excitement of Waggatail bringing me my entire teddy’s that I hang up at Christmas.

Really you should see the house?

I have gingerbread men, Christmas kings as teddy’s and Polar bears

And of course the bear I bought for my Mum and Dad years ago, remember I told you about it last year?

He was bought after they died. The thing I missed was buying them Christmas presents. So I was advised to buy them a gift, even of course knowing they had died.

I found a teddy, with a  velvet duffle coat, a checky scarf and black hat with boots, but he has crystal tears coming down his cute face.

He is only the height of my hand and half the width, but I love him.

 candles are on my mantle peace and my beautiful rocking horse is under the tree.

I haven’t put the train out this year, as wagga may wish to see if it works.

Our musical biscuit barrel is out it plays “Silent night, a beautiful tune for Christmas.

We have an Advent calendar. Now, Hub and I can’t see the numbers on it, so we will just push a window open and remove a chocolate each day.

It’s the first one I have had since too many years to remember as they are for children, but there is a story behind that, I shall not write about here, but it adds to so much.

I’m not sure Olga has got home yet, I shall see if she has sent an email.

OK with the smell of cinnamon in my house, I shall leave you for now and here begins the start of our Christmas countdown calendar. X

No comments: