translate

Wednesday 25 December 2013

GIFTS FROM MY AUNT


 So, now time to open my Aunt’s gifts to us. We have a laugh with those. She hit’s the sales on Boxing Day; this is the day after Christmas every year. For gifts for people the following Christmas. So my Son received a waterproof wallet, and a lovely hair gift set. Also £20 so he did really well. Well, not sure about the wallet, but as I told him, if it rains, his money will be safe… I don’t think he saw the funny side. It wasn’t really waterproof, just plastic.

Hub did laugh at the wallet, until he opened his, identical…

He also got some hilarious boxers and some nice chocolates. Oh, and some cider, but that was revolting. I fear it was past it’s sell by date.

Then it was my turn…

Em, well, OK, start off positive. I got a beautiful glass angel broach, with a card all about a Niece.

And some really nice miniature hand creams which do smell lovely. And then oh, Gosh, em!

Let’s just say, it all went wrong after then.

I did tell her on the phone though. Because she was again rude about what we bought her. She knows how hard it is for us to shop and yet, always says something about what we buy.

I got her a beautiful Chrystal vase, which was rather deer and a glass clock for the wall with a black Labrador dog and her two puppies. Also a purple, as if you remember that is her favourite colour? Well, a purple driving licence cover.

And some lovely soft fluffy socks and some jams which were also quite expensive.

She told me she didn’t know what the clock was. Bloggets, it’s a large wall clock, with enormous hands. She didn’t know what the driving licence cover was… Well, OK, let her off for that as it could have been a passport cover I guess, but it did have written on what it was on the box.

When I phoned her to say Happy Christmas and thank her for her lovely gifts… her “friend” answered her phone. God, she is awful.

As I always say, my aunt has always been the sunshine in life.

But she did buy me something rather, well, em, unusual this year.

I’m really not sure what she was thinking when she got me them. They were black clothes. A skirt which fit perfectly, a matching top which was about five sizes too small and well, a jacket? I think! But for a lady about seventy. Also about five sizes too small. I told my aunt they were too small, now normally I would say they were lovely/perfect, as I am a nice person and like people to feel good, but really, I couldn’t lie also she would tell, me.

I said they were too small. She replied. Now wait for this, it’s great.

“Well, when I saw them, I thought of you…

“What she thought Bloggets I’m not quite sure.

“I thought they would fit, but when I saw you a few weeks ago, I said to myself, oh, our Fiona is rather more rounded now compared to when I bought the clothes?”

Well, apart from what a blooming cheek, when did she buy the clothes? 1985?

Because that is when the tops would have fit me.

Anyway bless her; I shall treasure my angel as it was from my dearest mad Aunt, who I love very much.

We had a lovely day, a wonderful day. Full of peace and togetherness. Our boy was so grateful for his gifts and so loving. We all really enjoyed ourselves and as I said to Hub

“The best gift of all is I had everything in our house I could ever wish for. My love, Son, three dogs and our bird. Canary, he’s Irish you know.

With love.

No comments: