translate

Monday 2 December 2013

CHRISTMAS COSTS


Good morning Bloggets. I am waiting for our real Christmas tree to arrive. It’s gone up by £5 this year compared to last year. Hub and I can’t believe prices this Christmas. We have to reserve a slot for Christmas delivery for our groceries, or we won’t be able to get a slot. So we order the big shop, then checkout, then if we need more things closer to the delivery day, we just go back into the basket and add more, but at least that way, we have a date and time.

Looking through the prices, we just can’t believe how deer things are this year. No offers either on anything. Last year, Christmas cake, Christmas puddings and so on were all on offer.

Last year, Hub bought a 12lb turkey from our local butchers, if you remember, it came in a box. I had to leave the room as was repulsed being a vegetarian. Hating the idea that the poor bird was born for one reason, to be killed for mans greed. My Hub shouted to me

“Wow, the turkey is well hung!”

Oh I was discussed that they had not even chopped the turkeys Willy off, and shouted

“Oh my God, what are you going to do with that?”

He said what?

“How are you going to chop the Willy off? Why did they not do that for you?”

In England, if a man is well hung, it means he has a rather large penus.

In the meat world a bird which is well hung, means just that. It has been hanging a long time.

Funny though horrible too.

Well, that turkey last year was £50 I dread to think what it would be this year going on prices?

So Hub ordered a frozen one with our groceries. Same size but of course not fresh and God knows where it comes from, but it was £20

I told Hub to get a real one, he said he couldn’t justify him and the one I don’t write about eating all that and I would be sitting with my £3 vegetarian turkey taste a like.

Hahahaha.

I don’t mind, I would rather know the bird came from England and had a bit of freedom before its neck was slit.

Where this frozen one comes from, God only knows, possible a paltry farm in Poland.

The boys have turkey for Christmas dinner/lunch, then turkey sandwich for tea, and then next day we have my favourite, fry up. When I survey Christmas dinner, I have a large dish/mixing bowl and serve table spoonfuls of vegetables in there with loads of mash potatoes. Cover it overnight, it also has the stuffing in vegetarian of course and the next day, I put butter into the frying pan with some chopped onions and add the mixture. I have it with onion gravy and the boys add more turkey. Hub would not have this the first year we got together, he said it sounded disgusting, but then he tasted it on year two and loves it now. I tell you, don’t knock it…

Then on day three we have turkey and chips, used to be homemade chips, now we will have to use horrible frozen chips as Hub threw away the chip pan. My chips were the best in the North too. I miss them. I managed 23 years without having a house fire with it. But hub rightly so thought it was a risk we should not be taken, this comes from the man who is begging me to do a charity parachute jump, I must add, him doing it not me. Heck, if I were to do it, I would hit the ground at such speed you would feel the earth move.

I laughed at hub the other day telling him, he was too fat now too to do a jump. He was not impressed. Hahahahehehehehe.

He’s not really; I just didn’t want to be the only fat bird in the village.

OK, enough chit chat. I shall love you and leave you for now, never forever. I will let you know about my day later. I have floors to clean. My washing is in the drier, more washing in the washing machine. The dishwasher is empty and refilled, kitchen tops all washed. Table cloth off the table and a new one on, bins emptied and its still morning. Back to work not only for Hub but for me too. Xx

 

No comments: