translate

Friday 13 December 2013

OUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS FIFI STYLE


OK, let me give you a tour into Christmas Fifi style. Our tree in the conservatory still smelling lovely but no way as good as last year. I imagine in my mind, the beautiful dark forest green pine needles holding onto tightly hopefully, my bright orange decorations. I love those two colours together, do you? Dark green and bright orange. My tree in the living room is artificial and has lots of different decorations on it. Gold’s, creams and coffees. Trains and a china doll from Olga many years ago. I have teddy bears on and a gingerbread man. Beautiful baubles from again my dear Olga, depicting Russian countryside sceens and a stunning I think Japanese bauble made from glazed wood, where the berries are tactile. I have lots of decorations which have bells inside of them and a small bag of cinnamon sticks. Then the bauble which looks broke inside. It’s solid glass and has a cracked look. There is a tiny tin Santa on a sleigh to.

A Angel of course on the top and loads of white lights. The one in our conservatory has multi coloured lights on there.

On our piano, I have an embossed gold and bronze candle with dark coffee patterns which feel like silk. I never light that one I have to light the wonderful cinnamon one Olga bought us. Giving the festive feel!

So our decorations are visual, audible and fragrant.

I also have ornaments of a large Victorian fireplace and hearth. All the decorations are around the mantle peace, with a clock in the middle. Where the fire should be, you light a candle.

Then outside as you may remember, we have two lights. One is  a moving bell and the other an angel.

Happy Christmas. X

 

No comments: