translate

Thursday 5 December 2013

MAGDA MARTA LULLABY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Magda Marta lullaby

By Fiona Cummings

Time for bed now

Lay your head down

Close your eyes and count the sheep

Soon you will be fast a sleep

Dream sweet dreams darling

Of swans so graceful

Hear December snow falling

See the frozen lake so beautiful

Standing at the bottom of your slumber

Is your guardian angel so dutiful

Before you fell to a place of dreams

I wonder what was your number

How many sheep did you count?

Hopefully it was not a huge amount

A peaceful pleasant place you are

And know I’m never far

If you need me just say my name

And I shall sing you that song again

Lullaby

Don’t ask why

Just know I love you

And will be forever here for you

Lullaby

Rain falls from the sky

Silver tears of joy

Sun shines

Summer times

Lullaby

Seasons pass

Growing grass

Bare trees

Shivering knees

Lullaby

Know you’re warm

No matter what the storm

Sleep with ease

I beg you please

Lullaby

Feel so safe

This is your place

Away from pain

And fear

Lullaby

Remember whatever

I am always here

Lullaby lullaby

Sing to sleep

As once again you count the sheep

Night night sweet loved one

Tucked in bed at home

Never need to feel alone

 

No comments: