translate

Wednesday 11 December 2013

DIARY OF FIONA CUMMINGS


My friend just told me it was on the news, a man on our TV, has been signing for the deaf and just making it up! Oh my God, how long did he think he would get away with this? And why? I would love to learn more about this story and if I find out, I shall let you know or if you find out first, let us all know please?

I have had a much better day thank God. Yesterday was so awful and dreadfully painful.

Today has been very busy. I have been asked to write three poems this month. One for a wedding and two for Christmas.  So they are done and thankfully I have three happy customers.

But when will my book happen? Will it be 2014? Hmm. I doubt it but so much I wish for this. I must get a visit in to the chocolate factory, remember our little elves? Well, they must be busy now it’s Christmas.

Perhaps tomorrow, I shall wonder off there and see what I can write for the children and young at heart.

I spoke for over two hours with my lovely friend from Scotland today. She used to be a teacher but had to retire on ill health. Poor thing can hardly walk now.

I so much was looking forward to seeing her in January. I was going with Hub to Scotland to see her as Hub is going there for what was two days. Now it’s four. Oh I felt as let down as a weekend in Eden borough would have been perfect s it is my favourite city but now he is there for four days, it’s too hard. Sad so sad but I dare not tell her.

I had 25 minutes to write my Christmas cards. If they were not ready within 25 minutes, they were not going to be delivered.

This is what I was told by the one I don’t talk about.

Oh it was so difficult. Trying to make sure they were all the right way and thankfully they had a pattern on the front, so I could feel that, but the concentration is just dreadful. Remembering where the writing is on the cards and now days it’s not always where it should be, is it.

Then writing the envelopes all this time in my head, trying to think who I had forgot, or remembered not doing two the same names.

Deep thought went into it as I heard the shower stopping and the hairdryer going. I knew my minutes were quickly turning into seconds and my time would run out. It shouldn’t be like that should it?

Then he came down and said goodbye.

I asked about the cards.

“No time.

I have had some gifts on the landing to label for over a week now. On those little cards it’s impossible. As there is a tiny to and from and they are never standard.

God knows when that will get done? Unless it is going to be done when he gets in tonight.

All of my garden furniture has been waiting since September to come in the garage as the frost will kill it all. Hub and I of course could do this and I bet we will, but walking from the bottom of the garden to the front of the house, then into the garage is hard enough, but when you are carrying a huge chair or table, it’s impossible as suddenly, the table legs are your hands, finding your way around.

I just don’t want the winter to make victoms of my lovely garden furniture.

Its chicken and vegetables with mash for tea for the boys. I guess I should go and cook it? Or perhaps not.

Hmm. In a mo. Jo.

Every day of Hubs holidays, we are busy. I am starting to really panick now that we don’t have everything.

I would love to just go away for Christmas. I have never wanted to leave home for this time of year, as I love it at home with Hub and the one we don’t talk about.

Normally, but this year is different.

Also, I buy over the course of the year for people, as when I see something I get it, on line of course, but this year, Olga helped us loads and I bought a gift for Hub with Beanie, but we buy for so many people. I think about seventeen and six dogs.

A girl I know in America, took her dog to see Santa, I thought she was joking, but no, off they went and had their photo with the big man in red.

How cute is that?

OK, must dash and do.

Later with love

No comments: