translate

Wednesday 20 January 2016

YOU ARE NOT ALONE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


YOU ARE NOT ALONE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Close the curtains

Lock the doors

Turn off the lights

Lay flat on the floor

Food and warmth who could ask for more

As when I’m forced to go out

My insides shout

I shiver

The world seams a whole load bigger

I look at the person who put me there

Why do they hurt me without a care?

Run back in

Feel sick deep within

I have let them down again

So I won’t go out to visit family

They come to me to try to make me happy

Painted on smile

Just get over this trial

They will be gone soon

Left in this room

Empty promises

A bunch of roses

Memories so ghostly

Deep diagnoses

Words come back to me

Things that were said

No wonder I have feelings

I want to be dead

Out of the world

Where troubles are living

They just take

Whilst I’m always giving

They reach out their hand

But they will never understand

I don’t belong in this icy land

Slipping each time I try to escape

Tripping on air as my mask is fixed with tape

Mended so many times

 Covering my face of lines

Fingers bleeding but there is no blood

My mind has fallen trees

Though my fire has no wood

Down on my knees

Fell with a thud

Just leave me hear please

And allow me to fade

Saving me is like cuts with a blade

 

Fiona Cummings ©

Written for someone I pray for each night. Her feelings are deep. I just hope no one gives up on her though she thinks it would be best if they did. R, you know who you are. You asked me to write this before Christmas I just couldn’t get into your psyche then. Sometimes seeing your feelings on paper helps. I’m told this every week at least once by my Bloggets. You are not alone.

 

 

No comments: