translate

Wednesday 6 January 2016

A TAIL ABOUT THE MOUSE


What a strange day again? And it’s not even mid-day. Firstly I received a phone call with background sounds of someone talking German. Haha. Smile. Anyway it was to ask for a reference for a friend, so I had to email that and send that immediately.

 

So, last night we received some fantastic advice about catching our mouse. Now, the humane boxes you can buy are all well and good, when we catch the mouse, what then? No way am I carrying it to release it sorry likes, but nope. Good vegetarian and animal lover that I am.

 

So, we bought a nasty cruel mousetrap. Teen brought it in from work. Someone brilliantly told us to get a shoe box and cut a tiny hole in it place the trap put the lid on the box and bingo. Or should that be bango?

 

We put or teen put, chocolate in it as they like that much better than cheese. I was so anxious that he would get his fingers chopped off. He was almost being sick   as he really didn’t want to kill the poor thing.

 

Well, we went to bed. I didn’t leave the light on as I thought we want him or if a her, to come out, I hope him, as if a  her, may have baby him and hers.

 

Did you understand that?

 

Oh I lay awake for ages. I wanted to hear a snap but on the other hand, didn’t want to.  I hoped, really, I did that it had got out the way it came in. Everyone was saying that no way we will catch it.

 

Came downstairs and teen said that there was a tail sticking out. So we have either caught it, or we have a mouse running around still without its tail.

 

Hub put the box in the bin. Trap as well. No way are we cleaning that. I guess we should have known for sure if it was in? But I didn’t want to ask that of teen. Oh and even if I could see, no way I could look at that. So the £3 for the trap is a lot less than £535 plus VAT what the robbers wanted. My friend said where they live the council came out and charged £10 and for that, they came out three times. I really can’t believe how much we were quoted. I swear it’s me. We always do get ripped off.

 

My other friend made me laugh as he sent me a text asking if we have managed to get rid of our house guest. He wrote. “£535? You could go to Disney land for that and meet the real Mickey Mouse!” Haha haha.

 

We are still working on the office. Well Hub is, we have so much to do in there. I can’t believe it is getting done? But there is so much for us to do and the two of us have to move furniture, take a carpet up roll it and put it out to be collected as well as disassemble furniture and carry that downstairs.  

 

I have to pick a colour what I want the room to be painted and a new carpet. Finding the carpet shop? I think I know where it is, and even if we miss the door go into another shop, so what I will be in the right place just next door.

 

It’s rather daunting as now we have pinned down the workmen; we are on a time frame.

 

So round two tonight see if there are any more mice, I so hope not.  I want my kitchen back. I need to clean it so badly. It’s been done but no way good enough. I think I will be cleaning it for six months.

 

The next few days we have to find some way of buying paint. I hope teen will come with me to do that.  I really do. I have asked him but there has been no answer. It would be so good if only he would just say of course Mum.  Gosh, one day. One day please let me have enough sight just too pop out and do these things ourselves? 

 

OK must dash now as can hear Hub back in the office. There is the biggest robe to move. Not sure if we can do that, but we have to, so have no choice.  If we had tools, it would be easier. But we haven’t. Not sure how we will take up the carpet either, we don’t even own a Stanley knife. What are we like?  I have waited forever well, four years almost to get this room done. It’s a disgrace. It’s the only room we have not done since we moved here. It’s been like a cupboard. Things just get chucked in there.

 

 I tell you what I am having tomorrow night, a take away. You should see me trying to cook in the kitchen? I can’t stand being in there. Everything I did yesterday was cooked in the oven. Everything was washed double washed. Ugh I don’t like it. I know those of you with cats will be laughing this is why I don’t have a cat.

 

OK, loads to tell you we will have to have a catch up soon. Off now to work smile. X

 

No comments: