translate

Sunday 3 January 2016

ROW THAT BOAT


Jack Frost is nipping this morning for sure outside. Our canary doesn’t care. He is singing at the top of his voice. I love that bird. I think I am the only one who does in our house as he is rather loud hehehe. You should have seen his face when we were taking down the tree last night? Well, I say that and that is a laugh, as how on earth can I see his face? I didn’t even know how small they were until my friends daughter kindly got me to touch her friend’s bird some weeks ago. I can tell you, I didn’t know it was a bird until I touched it. I almost fainted. But in my mind every animal creature, has an expression. And as we took down his forest yesterday, he had one. It put a smile on my face for sure.

 

Teen is furious with me. Why? Because he always lets me know at quarter to the hour he has arrived at work. He drives for an hour each way and after the past few months, with that awful car, you can’t blame me from worrying. Well, on the hour I called him, no answer forty minutes later, I phoned his shop.

 

Guess who answered?

You got it.

Teen. I replied to his polite welcome on the phone. “Oh well, at least you are there OK?” He retorted. “That is far from funny. Goodbye.” I guess I’m in for a lecture tonight?

I got one last night for sure as it was actually this morning at 1a.m. I told him to sleep as he had work. He replied Mum, when will you stop telling me what to do I’m eighteen?

 

I admit I do kind of tell him but for his own well having said that, me telling him to sleep isn’t going to make him, I guess, is it? I think I should kind of calm it a little but when it comes to a ten second text to say he is OK at work, and he nine out of ten times does, but the tenth?

 

A lot of sadness in groups I’m in to do with people losing their sight with our dreadful eye condition. To be told you are going blind is truly the worst fear for so many people. It was for me but I wouldn’t accept it and that made it worse for me in the long run. But as I tell people. I decorated the inside and out of my house this Christmas bought all Christmas gifts with the help of two friends, one took me to buy six last minute groceries I was so grateful to her for and the other helped me to buy three gifts. Three gifts out of about sixty. The rest we did on our own. As you may know my Husband is also blind. So life can go on but it is at times painful but by far the worst thing is, waiting to lose your sight then just waking up blind. Realising that you will never see again. But once over that nightmare if you can get over it, surround yourselves with people who are in the same boat as you so you can learn to row together.

 

My problem was, I was going up stream with one aw and had no plan. Once I got my plan, fixed my equipment and someone turned me the right way down stream, It was plain sailing until I find a rock to hit, but I take a breath knowing that today is hell, but there is another day.

 

Our day will come I’m sure. I’m hopeful. In the meanwhile find that water and float.

 

So much to do this week. But for now, I’m starving going to have breakfast, then on an adventure. Xxx

 

 

No comments: