translate

Tuesday 26 January 2016

DIARY OF THE DO'S AND DONT'S


Good morning Bloggets. Well, the wind is wild outside. Glad I don’t need to go out today to face that blind person’s fog. More delighted that our Son has got to his destination today as its one and a quarter hours journey. He was expected to work yesterday until four but they kept them till six so it was after seven before he got home and he left the house that morning at six. He said if the newbies did less talking and more work they would have finished the day earlier…. Gosh, is he changing? He would have been the talker a year ago… As for my Husband? Not sure if he’s at work as he hasn’t told me yet.  Two hours late. Never mind. The girls in the office would let me know if all wasn’t OK.

 

All this week I have tried to cut down on bread/toast. I eat the seeded kind and love it toasted. Can’t seem to do less than four. Well, each day this week I have managed. Only with the help of a full, tin of baked beans. I say full as when you go on that word you know, that swear word? Diet!!!  You are to measure the amount of beans. Something like a spoonful. Hmm. Crazy, starve why don’t we? Anyway today I didn’t have beans, but managed two slices of toast. If I don’t get a grip I will end up so unhealthy. As soon as we can get life organised our garage back to normal, we can go back to using the other dirty word.

Gym.

 

Right now it’s full of things we need to get rid of. Today my office takes stage, oh, I can’t remember. What stage are we up to? Anyhow, the furniture is arriving. Oh. My. Worr’rr’rr’ll’lld? The do’s and don’t’s?

  1. Make sure that the runway into your property is clear.
  2.  Make sure that your doors are wide enough to get the boxes through.
  3.  Do not leave shoes, wires or any other obstructions in the pathway for the delivery people.
  4.  If your stairs are spiral, measure the gap to make sure our delivery people can get your furniture to your desired room.
  5.  Insure you have measured the room size and you know the size of your furniture because if it doesn’t fit in your room, that isn’t our responsibility.
  6.  Our delivery people will not take the furniture out of the box. It is up to you to dispose of all boxes but keep them for 48 hours in case you are not satisfied with your products.
  7.  It’s up to you to check for damages and you must report within 48 hours.
  8.  Make sure you cook breakfast lunch and dinner for our workmen and run them a nice hot bath. Well, Okay, the last bit perhaps not but as good as. I dread to think if the furniture is damaged. The list to send it back? And bear in mind I have shortened this.

So waiting for the men in the van now. Gosh. Dread dot com. really. I don’t like workmen as you know. So guess what Hub and I will be doing tonight? Yep, putting together our furniture. And if Hub comes near it with a knife, hehehe, like he did when taking the old stuff down? Em  Fifi won’t be a happy Fifi.

 

Oh so we will have the blooming signature thing going on again.

Delivery person. “Can you sign that?” And that will be after he waves it in front of me for a while before the mouth starts to talk.

Me. “I’m blind, could you please show me where?” Oh heck, that sends them into panic mode. Stuttering will take part followed by a little dance. Then he will point!

Me. I can’t see. Will you show me where to sign?”

 Man. Just there.

 Me. Where?

Man. Will I do it for you?

 Me. No, put my hand where I need to sign please? Then it is hilarious. It’s as though he will have the shakes. My wrist will be held as though in a vice. My hand will be moving around the paper/form as though I am in control of a Ouija board. Then I will ask just here? He will answer yes, whether it will be the correct place or not, then he will tell me in amazement. Wow, your writing is perfect. It’s better than “Normal” peoples writing…..

 

It’s too uncomfortable. Sighted people don’t know the half. I may be wrong and the rare breed of wise people may come to my door today and I’m not talking about the three men……

 

Do you know this is a really odd winter in the UK? I mean, though it is windy today, you could still go out without a coat. I took Waggatail out before and it was like the warm air from a hairdryer. Talking of hairdryers, not that we were really, but my brain is as ever all over the place. I think, for tomorrow,

 yesterday! I really am thinking about getting my hair cut off. No, not going bald, but cut short.  Then I say noo’oo’oo’oo stop. My Mum was right all those years ago it’s the only thing I have left going for me. Hahahaheheheheh and there is plenty of time to have it short when I’m old. Not long to go so I may as well wait?  I keep asking Teen and my good friend Julie how old I look. I ask them at different times so they don’t copy each other. I haven’t caught up with my age yet when I do, that will be when I have my Nanna haircut. Hahaha A perm? Really, I won’t need one of those as when my hair is short it goes curly anyway. That is another reason I don’t want to have it cut as no matter what style I get it will look like a Poodle has sat on me head….

 

We have had two vans pull up into the street. I am just going to check the doorbell. Hang onto your britches.

 

 

I’m back. It’s working. We have one of those wireless doorbells. I don’t like them as the plug keeps getting knocked out. Of the socket that is, not out of consciousness.

 

OK I have been silly for too long. I must get my clever head on. Got to remember where that is. Dust it down and put it on as need to do some work for the big office. Then I have a poem to write for a wedding coming up then some housework and back to you all. Today we have had viewers from Venezuela, Germany, France, UK, Poland, Portugal, US, South Africa, Norway and Sweden. That was this morning when I checked. So welcome all of you and more. Later gators. X

No comments: