translate

Thursday 7 January 2016

KNOW MY HOUSE


 Good morning afternoon evening wherever you are. Its late lunch time here in the UK. It has not stopped raining in about eighteen hours. Normally when it rains I would say “Good weather for the ducks!” But I think even the ducks will be carrying umbrella’s.

 

I’m waiting for my man to come and fix our house. Hub and I have worked so hard Hub especially hard. I phoned the carpet shop up as we know how to get to this one. It’s very expensive but at least we can get there and this is the price we have to pay for not having sight. We go where is convenient rather than find a bargain. I learned from the lady they moved a year ago. Typical. They were there for 22 years. We come along delighted to be able to tick a box for something we can do and she moves. Haha. Something we said?

 

Anyways the guy is coming out tomorrow morning and he is going to bring samples with him. Great and even better, they will take away the old carpet. Last time they wouldn’t and they asked for an empty room. Well we are emptying the office as I write, and my word, the rubbish in there? I’m a little scared as Hub has been throwing things out left right and centre. You know I’m a hoarder? I can’t throw anything away. Well, I had to let him loose in there or nothing would get done.

 

Bags bags and more bags boxes too and just loads of plastic boxes full of old electrical items  

 

We have emptied drawer’s wardrobes boxes bags and just stuff. You have no idea what that room was like I’m so excited to get this project done. I’m so grateful I have a wonderful Husband who works with me to do this. We are so proud to be independent in this way. It used to hurt me to think we struggled so much and when it comes to the garden, it still does, but its winter now and I don’t need to worry about that now. As for things in our house, we have done so well choosing colours that match and knowing where and how to put things where they need to be. It’s been a tough lesson but it’s also so exciting when we can say we did it. And I’m so grateful to Hub for letting me do what I want where. 

 

WE are trying to do the office on a budget though and when we have to pay people for little jobs like hanging pictures, as I don’t want to go through a pipe. I used to hang things up all the time but this house is like the house that Jack built and you just never know what will happen next.

 

I’m excited as my beautiful picture can be hung up that my friend Beth sent me all the way from the US. She is an artist with RP same as me and she still has sight. She is brilliant I have to hang onto my picture as teen has it in sight for his room haha.

 

So now waiting for our man. He was due twenty minutes ago. Oh I’m feeling rather anxious as what if he doesn’t turn up? There are loads of electrical jobs to do. In the UK you rightly so need certificates when you come to selling your house to show all were done safely. Hence why he will come and do that I hope, and when he is hear he brings a hammer as I always want things hung on the walls.

 

So tomorrow we will pick our carpet from the samples. I’m going for mushrooms. No, not the magic ones or ones you may have with your breakfast, but the colour. Light warm tones. Our bedroom last year I picked a coffee colour carpet and our walls are darkish apricots on the bottom and light apricots on the top.  Teen’s room is a beautiful blue and the guest room is red and cream.  Our Livingroom is cream wall paper with gold on it and black furniture black lighting black and marble white fireplace and mantelpiece. We have the blue and white ornaments and a huge frame which is black on the wall really thick we got from a holiday we went on it is a painting of a tiger and I bought a rug with cream, black and turquoise and my friend Artie who came when we first got our rug said that the turquoise was the same colour as the tiger on the paintings eyes.

 

My kitchen is red and cream and conservatory is some say cream, some say taupe. That is the floor. The walls are sagey green and leather chairs around the glass table are brown to match the sofa.

 

Our bathroom upstairs is leaf green and white and downstairs is just plain white with same tiles as conservatory but I have done orange accessories, like orange towels, and the toilet brush holder and bin is orange as well as a vase which is dark cream with orange embossed flowers and inside the vase I have orange flowers, artificial of course. I also have an orange hook on the wall.

 

Some psychologists    say they can analyse people by colours. So what do you think of my mind? Hahaha. Don’t answer that one?

 

OK going to phone this guy. Wish me luck? I will be so sad if he won’t come out after promising. He is a great guy so I hope so. If not, we have the carpet man tomorrow, the painter Monday and Tuesday a van will collect our rubbish.   So let’s hope the work will be done as can’t paint til I get rid of the wires that belonged to the last man who lived here. There are sky boxes or something like that which need removing before painting. Our carpets I think will get done next Wednesday just pick it tomorrow.  X

No comments: