translate

Friday 22 January 2016

THE COURSE AND THE PARROT


It’s late in the afternoon I know I should be working. Housework for sure I have been so lazy this week around the house. Our besties are coming tomorrow to a tip…. Yesterday was a blur of a day. Today had more structure. Got up early, sorted things out let Waggatail in her run and had a quick breakfast. Oh, let me tell you. I have only discovered these and I’m always last so I expect you have had them already. They are giant crumpets. You get two in a pack ours were from Morisons. They are absolutely delicious. And you know, I could only eat one and a half. I cut them into half-moons so wrapped one half up and thought I would have it later in the day just pop it back in the toaster and Bobs your uncle. They tasted so much better than the small ones. Not sure how or why?

 

Teen was also up early he had to go to town to do some banking which involved him texting me to ask to borrow some money…… Not sure how that works out. You go to the bank and text home to ask for money.

 

Well, it was 8.36am when Teen left the house and I took the vacuum out of the cupboard started to do our floor but then was interrupted by a gent on the phone then a text so I stopped to read. You know what I’m like and if teen is out on the road, I keep my phone close by. Turned on the vacuum again and then find a cup on the floor take that in the kitchen, find teens breakfast dishes in the sink put them in the “Empty” dishwasher just next to the sink and continue to vacuum. Next thing I know is its sixteen minutes past nine. At quarter past I was to get a lift to my course. I hurried to let Waggs out. Told her to busy quickly. It was incredible how time had flown in fact I didn’t believe it so I called the talking clock. Yep, I was running late. I got Waggatail in took her harness and so on out of the cupboard and the doorbell rang. I asked the lovely lady in whilst I put away the vacuum and ran to get my coat.  

 

Her and her colleague kindly picked me up. She asked how many birds I had. This was to my delight as our canary, no’o’o  I won’t say it….. Oo’oooooo  no, I’m not going to tell you of his nationality…..  OKHe’sIrishYouKnow?

Smile

He was singing like he is known for and after the scare of late I was so pleased. My lovely friend asked me how many birds I had. Haha I said one. She said it sounds like a load more…..

 

In the car and off to our town. As we got out of the car, the three of us plus a to be, wet, wagging, Wagga, the heavens opened and oh. My. Life?

The rain? We had a long fast walk to get to the building and the rain was just ridiculous. I mean, my hair is long but it was longer by the time we got there and my friend made me laugh as we got in the lift, the others we met there  my other friend who drove us there all walked up the stairs whilst lovely and I large it in the lift. Hahahahhahahahahahahaha. Well, how between us we didn’t cause some kind of power cut? Really we left the lift looking as though we had had an accident in there. There would have been puddles for sure. My friend joked about her make up….. It was all lines. Hahahahaha. I guess we looked a right pair but everyone was in the same boat, but the funny thing is, the rest of the group came by bus and they were drier than us three who came by car. The bus stop was right outside the office.

 

Almost five hours later, back home and Wagga ran to the cupboard where her sweeties are I told her she had to go out first when she returned she went back to the cupboard and I gave her a treat or three. Now she is playing with her huge octopus. Oh, and I had my other half of crumpet. I loved it. Going to do homemade Pizzas for dinner tonight with some salad. Teen not in till really silly time again. I’m rather sleepy just could go to bed to be honest, but would feel too guilty as Hub is home soon, I bet he will feel like doing the same as he is tired he has two teams to look after and by the end of the week he’s shattered, especially when his travel to work and back is two hours. Talking all the way there and back. And that is what I was going to tell you in my last blog.

 

 Well yesterday’s taxi driver for Hub told him he was in to bird watching. The feather kind. So he’s a twitcher, right? Sounds like a condition… Why bird watchers are called twitchers? They get so excited about seeing the latest sighting of an exotic avian delight; a purple Peruvian rock thrush sends them into paroxysms. They literally twitch. Hence Twitchers.

 

Well, as this Anna rack of a driver was telling my Husband he saw this really unusual bird in his garden, a rare parrot. He immediately got on his internet the group he is in for bird watching and told the nation about his find.

 

He went out with camera and binoculars and as he approached the very patient parrot from lands so far.

It spoke to him……

 

Hahahahehehehehehehhahahahahahah The silly over keen gent only had a friendly chatty parrot from someone’s house in his garden. Well after doing goodness knows what local research, he discovered that the parrot came from a nearby home who didn’t want the poor thing and just set him free. How bad is that? Thankfully the taxi driver took him to the local RSBB and they have found a home for him.

 

The parrot not the taxi driver.   

 

 Tomorrow we have a great day waiting for us. So later with love laughs and lots more. X

 

No comments: