translate

Monday 25 January 2016

REBORN ON THE MOUNTAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


REBORN ON THE MOUNTAIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m at the top looking down

My smile turns to a frown

Though I am here now

No lines upon my brow

My journey here was far from easy

  Stormy waters left me queasy

Rocky roads and bumpy paths

Lots of tears there were no laughs

So who am I to stand up proud

When I see deep sadness in the crowd

You are at the bottom of this mountain

Trying to drink from a dry fountain

You have no strength to carry on

Empty all alone

You have a house but not a home

Your family never phone

The friends you had have disappeared

Everything has happened that you once feared

But here I am

Come to me

I know you can

Look up and see

I reach down to you

Through skies so blue

I want to lift you up

Together we will look

And turn the pages in my book

I will help you if you let me

I will be your eyes to see

I can hear if you are deaf

I shall speak your words if you can’t talk

And move my limbs if you are unable to walk

Somehow you have to come to me

Sail the blue green sea

And climb over the rocks

Open doors undoing the locks

My arms are open

My words have spoken

I just need you to see deep within your soul

Open your heart and it no longer will feel cold

Your story has been told

And we have reached the end

Waiting for you is your best friend

Who will make you believe?

You can end pain and have no time to grieve

When I have entered your heart

You will know you won’t ever be apart

But also know that you can do this on your own

People will want to be in your zone

The power you will project  

Light you will reflect

Each day you won’t reject

But collect

Friends and loyalty

Weeks of quality

And you will join me

And help people like yourself

Get down from the shelf

And experience the wealth

A glass to your health

A wish on a wing

Hear the church bells ring

See the castle on the hill

Take a golden pill

Walk without pain

Their loss is your gain

Time to stop getting walked all over

Make a wish with the four leaf clover

Wake up it’s a beautiful day

May good things come your way

I don’t want to be looking down to you

I want us to be on the same platform

Your life can be reborn

 

Fiona Cummings ©

No comments: