translate

Tuesday 26 January 2016

WHO'S IN THE BOX?


Sneaking in a cheeky blog. In between office work and soon will have to do that housework that I have been putting off but had to tell you my furniture has arrive. I have not dared go upstairs. If you read my earlier blog, I told you the background. Well, here is the front ground. Hahaha.

 

I received a phone call from a guy saying he would bring my furniture in fifteen minutes. Then one minute later, another call. “Sorry, I meant fifty, not fifteen.” Oh well. At least I knew when they were arriving and I didn’t need to answer the door with that expecting gormless smile upon my face to realise that it was the postman or Samaritans?

 

Well, I remembered that I had to move the long six feet two tall blind still in box from hall way. Did that. Then went to move the two candlestick holders I have on the stairs. They are tall wooden sticks and I moved the doll I have standing on the floor half way up the stairs. He is a black little boy in the cutest school uniform with his hat on and his school satchel over his shoulder.

 

His face is so angelic with turned up little lips and long lashes with tight jet curly hair. He really does look like he is going to cry because he has to go to school. Hahaha. So why do I have him standing there with one of two of the candlesticks?

Why not?

Okay, because I don’t have anywhere else suitable.

 

So in comes the man now bear in mind we have emptied the room where the furniture is going to be. He walks in my house tutting saying he will have to adjust this and that and move whatever.

 

So in comes man number two after man one learns I’m not partially sighted, I’m a total.

Bloggets, don’t answer total what?

 

Well, man two, really, seriously? How old?

Not meaning to be ageist, but he must be knocking on heaven’s door. My lordie lord. Get him out of my house give him a seat before he lies down on my floor?

 

Poor guy was heaving puffing panting. And that was before he even lifted anything.

 

We have a children’s TV program in the UK called the Chuckle Brothers. Well. Yep. They were not filming today, they visited Fi.

 

“To me to you, to me to you. Left a bit over and around watch your fingers?” They had such a clear run and yet they found something out to tut about.

 

“Oo’oo; oo not sure about that curtain poll?”

Say wha’aa’aa’t? Got to be kidding, right? I’m not taking my curtain poll down.

 

The gent two told me in between panting, as though each breath was his last, he was going to retire soon. His Mother in law, what? Mother in law? How old? I guessed by conversation this gent must be close to seventy. His mother in law (bought) a guide dog… hahahhahah. Where from? The Fish & Chip shop? You can’t buy them you go on a list OK Guide Dogs ask for a contribution of 50p and considering they cost £50,000 in a lifetime of a guide dog, it’s very inexpensive.  But the way in which the man described it, his Mother in Law went to the local grocery shop to buy a dog, he continued.

“It didn’t work. So they gave her another one. It’s just a puppy though.”

 

Bless.

 

Anyway to sign for it was easy. Though I had to put my name in block letters in a small box then my cursive signature in another box. Goodness knows if I, was in the box, but one thing for sure, I thought the old guy was going to be?

 

So can’t wait now to open the boxes and  see what we have. Xx

No comments: