translate

Friday 29 January 2016

NO OMELETTES PLEASE?


Good day it’s the weekend again. This weekend I’m determined to relax. I don’t think we have had time to relax in months. And our schedule is such that I’m not sure we will have time in the coming weeks. Just with this and that life. Nothing exciting or anything just life.

 

It’s horrible out there. I have just had a clown to the door too. Not a funny one either. I knew he was coming it was a meeting but really, why do I always get them? Anyway he has given me worked to do so that’s OK.

 

When I came down stairs this morning I was a little anxious as there was no wagging tail at the bottom of the stairs. I shouted on Wagga, thought, oh my life? She got out when Hub left for work over an hour earlier at silly o clock. Oh no, where is she? It was awful. Her little bed empty, the lounge door open and no pitta patters on the floor from her claws to wood. Hub had two enormous items to carry to work today and I thought him with those, and the Little Fella, his work bag an all. Waggs got out the front door.

 

I’m like a mad woman at this point shouting her name my heart pounding. I opened the kitchen door, in runs a Wagging Wagga. She wouldn’t bark you know? My little Black Beauty was the same. I will never forget the day I locked her outside. She never made a sound in the house. She was like a stuffed teddy bear. Just sat in the corner on her bed and only played if you asked her bless her, I’m sure thoughts through her mind were. “OK. Time to entertain Mum. The things a dog has to do…  Let’s get it over with then I can take myself back to bed.”

 

Our darling Long Chops after we had let them in began to nudge me. We were engrossed in the film we were watching. I told her to lie down. She wouldn’t and nudged again. I stroked her thinking she was just needing some attention. Carried on watching the telly. Then LC jumped up on me. She was a hu’u’uu’uu’ge girl long from head to tip of tail about six feet. I said to Hub, she must need to go out again? Well, I went to the door and it was pouring with rain and as I opened the door, a poor little soaked through BB looking so pathetic. Oh I felt so awful. Cruel. I went to get her towels and just cuddled her on the floor. Her little tail wagged just at the very end. She wasn’t a Wagga our Black Beauty, AKA Hannah. If you could put dogs on anti-depressions, she would have gone through jars.

 

LC didn’t want to go out, she was telling us her big sister who wasn’t so big in fact she was tiny, was outside in the cold and rain. Now, when I let my dogs out together, I count heads as does Hub, but obviously he didn’t count heads once in the house as she should have been in either her bed or at least the warm lounge. Not the freezing conservatory cold tiles. Bless her. I put the heating on and she is in her bed as I pulled the bed next to the radiator. It was so funny though as she too was so delighted to be let in, as if rescued. But little monkey went to her cupboard to sit for a biscuit.

 

I am so bored with always thinking about what’s for dinner. I hate with a passion cooking and I’m fed up with it. Normally we have one take out a week. Sometimes we do miss a couple of weeks, but this week was Pizza a few days ago. Last night I made omelettes. Now, I hate cooking and don’t really rate my cooking at all. Hub does, but I think this is because he is just so pleased to have someone cook for him. But my omelettes are the best in the world. I’m talking Michelin Starred. Smile. Really, I think they are exquisite.

But my boys last night were not impressed. Hubs words were. “As far as omelettes go, they are the best. But I hate omelettes.

Teen. “Mum I’m sorry, I did try to eat that but I can’t.”

 Hahahahhahahah what is wrong with these lads? Really, I’m not kidding, it was delicious. I don’t like eating eggs, though I love them. It’s a vegetarian thing. Well, it’s a Fi thing. Don’t mind eating them if they are disguised in a cake or something. But a live egg? If you know what I mean.

 

But I do omelettes and I feel though I have sinned but I only have them once or twice a year.

 

I guess I won’t be making those anymore. No way will I bother for just me. Oh though they were stunning. With loads of cheese mushrooms to and black pepper. They were fluffy and really thick. Cooked to perfection. I first cooked the mushrooms in a tiny bit of oil then poured a fraction of red wine in the pan. Just to make the mushrooms special. I used normal cheese and a little bit of blue cheese. Just as they were cooked on the hob, I put a few olives on the top then quickly placed the pan under the grill. This makes the omelette rise. The grill has to be red hot though, when you can’t see, and you have a pan in one hand and you need to place the pan under the grill so have to aim for the gap without touching anything, is quite a challenge.  Especially as you have to get it in as fast as possible.

 

OK must go for now, I really am stressing over dinner tonight and I have some work to do today also house work and a Wagga to give attention too. Also so many other things I need to do. I must call the bank and get our mortgage letters sorted. I’m so cross with them. For four years now been trying to get them sent in Braille. Well, we have been into the bank, filled in forms phoned people up and so on well enough is enough a result will be had today for sure. Also need to write an awkward email. And some office work to do as well.

 

What did I say about housework? When? Laters have a lovely weekend and for those of my dear Bloggets who need thoughts right now, I’m thinking of you all.  And you know who you are. X

No comments: