translate

Sunday 10 January 2016

DIARY OF IMAGINATION


Good evening Bloggets. Another hard day of sorting out the room we are to refurbish, I say that as we are not sure of the outcome of the room.  A bedroom? Hmm. No, an office? Not sure, kind of, a chill room? Well, chill? There is a radiator in there. Hahaha. As long as I remember to put it on it won’t be a chill room, right? But a relaxing room. Problem is, we have so many clothes, right now, Hub has his clothes in the robe of the guest room and mine are in our bedroom. Teen has his in his room and both Hub and I share a robe in what was the office / storage cupboard. I say that because everything just got chucked in there. A shame really as it’s not a small as in tiny room, when the man came to measure for the carpet, it was 9 feet by 10 and that is an OK size I think. We just don’t have any cupboards downstairs to put things in like vacuum cleaners, mops or tubs of dog food. And as for our coats? They hang in the office robe which is now apart on the drive. Oh and my wedding dress? It’s right now in teen’s robe which is a lovely big wardrobe but he says it’s not there to stay. Shame really, it’s all in a proper zip up bag all tidy at one side and teens clothes are so few there is so much room to put everything from that office robe in there and we not to bother with a robe again for the office. But we have to buy one for our coats and my dress because our Son wants an empty robe. Hmm. I guess it’s his room.

 

Hub and I have been measuring today we have a tactile tape measure. It’s a pain really as it has holes so you have to feel every hole to know what your number should be. So takes so long.

 

Hub and I had a weigh in today. It wasn’t good news. In fact I measured my hips and stomach and let us just say it was easier to measure what was left rather than start from the beginning. Smile. We would start the treadmill again but it’s full of stuff out of the office. I don’t want to put any of it back. As for getting new robe, well, a smaller one than what we had, and safer one, as when we moved house, the delivery people really were not careful and didn’t bring the full robe there are bolts and so on missing so it’s not too steady now also it is huge. Far too big for that room. Hence why it has gone, shame really, a story another day about that robe and what it meant to me.

 

It’s so difficult to imagine how a room is going to turn out when you can’t see. I hate it. Trying to place furniture where it needs to be. And you do one room and the full house is upside down trying to accommodate for the items out of the about to be newly painted room.

 

I text my painter before sadly no answer, I just hope he comes? He is due early tomorrow. And tomorrow is my Husbands first day back at work after a long what should have been holiday. Apart from a couple of days break, we have worked most of it and the past week, gosh, Poor Hub has a really bad back with all of the lifting of a funny story about that. Hahheheheh this made me laugh.

 

When he brought the door downstairs the other day, as he took it off the hinges he began to carry the door downstairs but as he heard a strange sound, on investigation, he realised that he had hung a plastic rubbish bag on the handle earlier, and forgot to take it off so he had the door under his arm with the bag swinging. Hehehhahahh.

 

So last night before our work begins. I have an interview to do this week but may have to wait until Tuesday when I don’t have a painter who loves to talk and talk and drink endless cups of coffee. I do get a little cross as don’t mind at all making two or three cups in a day, but when it comes to more than that and each cup equals a chat and each conversation equals my time in payment, I do get slightly tense. So a couple of years ago I did say to my painter, I was going to work in the office, thinking that he would just get on with the job, no, he said oh, that’s Ok, I shall just make myself a cup of coffee. Well he did going in the fridge and cupboards, I don’t like that at all and then he leaves his half drank cups lying around and his radio blasting fully as he goes for lunch. I just don’t like workmen, though he is a good guy. And the only one of all the people who actually does come when he says he will. Let’s just hope tomorrow isn’t the first time he won’t come?

 

I’m off now to make dinner if you can call it that. Teen has done nothing all day but the gym and lay in bed. His text me before with the words, pizza please? I wrote back. Sausage sandwich. Hahaha. He was fine with that. Not sure he will be when he sees its seeded bread. I asked him to take me tomorrow to buy a curtain rail his answer? May be, I said thank you he replied, I said may be. You know I would love just to be able to do it myself. We sent away to a company where you pay them and they send out a kind of PA. It was going to be £20 per hour. No. We will manage.

 

No sign of our Disney world character our cheeky mouse. So looks like we have been very very lucky as no damage and caught on the first night. Today again I totally washed everything over and over again.

 

Well, tomorrow, I will have loads of time to write as won’t be able to do anything other than make cups of coffee for my painter. Gosh, I hope he turns up?

 

With love. X

No comments: