translate

Saturday 9 January 2016

PICKING THE PAINT AND LAUGHING ALL THE WAY


Today my Son kindly gave me fifty minutes of his life time before heading off to the train station to have a day in Leeds with his friends. I had to go for paint. For my decorator coming on Monday.

 

Choosing paint is always a challenge just like picking anything else for the house when it comes to colours.

 

My carpet I picked yesterday is Goldie caramel! So the paint today? Oh what a hoot. It was or is, or in our case was, called peanut.  There were none left so Teen asked the lady if she could see if there were any cans in the back. You know the back of the shop we call the store room? Well, she did say that this was the back…. Yes love, we know it’s the back of the shop, but we mean out the back as in you know, out the back? Haha.

 

Well she asked us to follow her. We did a lady asked for her help as we were in transit. To which the assistant replied. Now wait for this?

“Sorry madam, I’m helping this (Couple)

Teen was like? Wha’a’a’a’a’at? Hang on couple? No’o’ooooooo she’s me Mum. Hahhahahehehhehehehe

 

Well, then the lady got all in a muddle. She asked another guy to help us. She said, and I quote.

“John can you please help this cou, coup em Gentleman and lady?”

When she went away, teen said

“Mum. Do I really look that old? She thought you were my, urg, yack yuck, oh that’s gross. Mum how old do I look?”

To which my reply was.

“Son, it’s not the fact that you look old, it’s a fact, that your Mum is a dudess and looks young….”

 

Well, every time I look in the mirror, I think I look young.

Okay, I see myself as I remember when I had sight.

Alright, that was seventeen years ago.

And, your problem is? Hahahha

 

So then emulsion. I wanted mat finish for the walls, and silk for the ceiling. Well, that confused teen. Bless him; it’s an education shopping with me. He now knows for when he gets a house, the difference. He asked why I wanted mat for the walls and silk for the ceiling? I told him I like the contrast and I hate shiny walls. I must say, bless him, he must wonder, my Mum is blind, why does it bother her? Having said that, he still asks me what colours match. And I love that.

 

Many years ago I remember when I had one of my first modelling jobs; I went to a little shop in a place called Gosforth not far from where I used to live. I had to change clothes quicker than was needed. It was in a grotty shop my dressing room was behind a curtain between boxes of probably baked beans. I had a rail of clothes and I had to match them. I was perfectly aware that two of the shop owners were kind of nearby and was rather shy so colour decisions were rather   hastily made.

 

Good practice for when I’m shopping with my Son. As never ever ever is it a relaxing experience.

 

So lampshade. Well, thanks to teens brilliant colour description, I picked a caramellly kind of colour.it is as if you got three tiny tires and stood them on top of each other but with a gap. There is a space in between each tire like but you can’t see what is holding the three parts together.

 

So then we went to the till. We had till gate. Oh really, it’s an enormous shop and there were only two tills on and just as we approached the till, we were told it was broken so us and another dozen people had to go to the self-serve. Well, it was there teen told me I was so old. I asked why? He said the way in which I talk.

OK, I only expressed the fact that because there was no bar code on my lampshade. We had to call for an assistant. And top people think one day we can do without people and replace all of them for computers? I mean, this shop, B&Q, is massive and two tills? It’s known as the super shop it’s so big.

 

So we had to call out a lady and after fifteen minutes, yes, fifteen minutes, she came and told us, she would have to get a guy from, where?

“The back….” To help us. Oh my word? We waited another ten minutes. Anyway, as we walked out of the shop, teen told me as he knows of course I can’t see, that he was wearing his cap.

“Oh gosh Son, why? You look like you are hiding a bald patch? Hahahaha.

 

We popped in well, teen did I stayed in the car and he forgot to turn off his dreadful music he went for a sandwich for him and Hub locking me in, why? Not sure. Leaving me with this dreadful music. Well it comes from speakers in the car but it’s from his IPhone. I found the radio and hoped that it would still work as a stereo whatever you call it, even if it’s attached to his phone. And I found the button the dial which turned it down. Few?

 

We got home and he ate his hot sandwich and ran to shower andhandsomfye himself to go out. It’s late in the evening and he still isn’t back. He arrived in Leeds at two this afternoon. He has been good though and text a couple of times to let me know he is OK.

 

 

So a curtain poll is to be bought next now, with teen? Who knows. I doubt it. I have had my monthly allowance.

 

I hope he is having a great time. He is being young. I just wish his friends would do more than just drinking? He is into sports and culture but they are not so he doesn’t do that. Shame. He is at an awkward age. Too young to make friends with older people who may be into that kind of thing and too old to say will you be my friend?  Know what I mean? But he is happy and that makes me happy.

 

Hub is sure he heard a mouse in our loft last night. Well I tell you he better be wrong. I so hope so. I have had enough of mice or at least the one we caught this week. My friend told me she had them in her loft and poison was put down and she was told that they, the mice just disintegrate. Oh, no? Really? Even their tiny bones? Grossed out again.

 

OK will go for now hope you are all well? With love. X

No comments: