translate

Monday 18 January 2016

THE MAGIC CARPET


Good morning Bloggets. Well, after about three hours sleep, I’m so tired I can hardly open my eyes. This time of day I could sleep forever. Though sadly interrupted as all of my sleep always is. After trying to put on a pair of my Husbands trousers that was a laugh, I eventually got dressed and came downstairs had a coffee and toast talking to my Little Waggatail and then I made my Sons lunch for work. He is still a sleep as he starts later today and works till eight tonight, so won’t be home till nine.

 

Why am I up so early? Well, I’m waiting for my carpet man. He was due forty minutes ago. I rang the carpet shop and she said, the lady with the hysterically funny voice though so sweet, that the guys will be here in ten minutes that was ten minutes ago, but at least they are coming.

 

 When my carpet is down, I wait for my new furniture. That is due in nine days. Really, everything is so slow. But my electrician still hasn’t finished the work in there so I think I am going to have to sadly look for another one. Shame as he is a lovely guy. My jointer yesterday was a good find, not that I had to find him, as he is a friend of someone Hub knows. I say he was a good find as he seemed to be a nice guy; his prices were really low in comparison to what he could have asked for. I was expecting to have a hoot (laugh) followed by feelings of sadness and disappointment with human’s greed, but no, he was OK. So if he does a good job, he will be a fantastic contact. Only thing is, he kept calling me Sarah. Nothing wrong with that name in fact it’s a pretty name, but I’m not her, who is she and can she see? Haha haha. If so, and she wants to be my Doppelganger or whatever you call them, then I’m obliged to accommodate.

 

Oh my man is here….. Yeah. Great. Excited dot com. I’m sad I get all in a fluster when nice things are getting done to my house. Our office really was disgraceful. When we moved we just threw everything in there and it was like a large cupboard just also happened to have a desk in there so it became the office. He is getting rid of our carpet for us; there was a bag with some old bits of carpet from that room in and old paint tins. We also had in there an old curtain poll. Hub said because it is an easy room, we have removed every single thing from there, it took us forever mainly Hub, we kind of hoped that the man would take our bag with him for the skip. No such luck. He has just told me that he has put it on the landing for me so I know where it is…. I told him it was rubbish, and he answered, do you want me to bring it down for you? I said no, just leave it there thank you. Hmm… Grrrrr. Oh well, there you go…. Worth a try. Really, if he is going to tip the carpet, why not a bag too? I know that if everyone did that it would fill his van, but it’s one bag… He is a nice guy though, oh I can’t wait to feel and smell the carpet. Gosh, what on earth did I buy? Remember, He only brought four or five samples, they were all plain. I told them I wanted a milky coffee kind of gold colour. I didn’t say plain or patterned. He showed me one type of carpet. In three or four shades. I didn’t like the carpet but liked one of the colours he called gold with hints of cream, depending which way you looked at it… Then there was another carpet, I liked as it wasn’t that kind of open pile that the other ones were. It was a thick flat carpet. If you know what I mean. But it wasn’t in a colour I liked. It was beige and I wanted fancy beige. Haha. So I asked him for that carpet in the other colour. Never thinking he would be able   to find such a thing. He said he had. So what we have right now? And is it as thick? I bet if there is a decent chunk I could use as a door mat, he will blooming take that away?

 

Tell you Bloggets a really odd thing, the lady on the phone always refers to them as “They?” Well, they it may be, but there has always been just one man here… Where is the other? Who is the other? Perhaps it’s Sarah?

 

Going back to my joiner, why did I not tell him my name was Fiona, not Sarah? He was so enthusiastic about my name being Sarah; I just didn’t have it in me… hehehe. What am I like?

 

OK, going to sort out the cheque where did I put it? Teen kindly wrote it out for me last night and I just signed the back. I have one of those cheque things you may know they are a plastic grid; you pop on top of your cheque and there are tiny places for you to fill in and on the plastic,  Braille writen what you are to put in there. Great, if you can read Braille? Next time my friend Julie is here, I may get her to show me how to do this. She doesn’t read Braille as she is sighted, mind you, that’s no excuse… But she can see what the print is and then I just need to remember. There are a lot of open empty grids to remember. Hub saw it and said that he hasn’t seen one like it. So I’m a little afraid to learn with Hub as of course he reads Brail perfectly, but what if the bank gave me a grid that is from before cheques have changed and I fill in things that no longer exist? That is what I mean when I say what I do, when I said it to my Brother in law a couple of weeks ago, bless him, he was rather shocked and was so sweet to me when I said I was illiterate. Well, that is what my darling of a Husband once said to me and I have never let him forget it. Hahaha. He is right of course. I can’t see to read or write, though I used to read when I had sight and I still do write, and I can’t read Braille. Or write it shamefully. At one point in my Husbands career he was head of Braille in the UK. Shame on him for not teaching me, right? And I tried to learn it myself, oh I’m rubbish. My fingers just don’t seem to be able to feel the dots. When I was a child, my school was for the blind and everyone read and wrote Braille. But me. Russian Doctors insisted that I wasn’t to learn anything that may make me believe I have poor sight.

 

My second school was for those with partial sight and there was no Braille read or written. It was all print. In fact I remember I had so much detention there as my writing used to go over the lines a little. I used to be able to see a tiny bit of a letter. If I were to write the word, AND,

 I would see a small fraction of the A. Sighted people could read that full word that line and even the page and what is around the room but the tiny pin prick in my eye of sight, prevented me from doing that and our very loving kind understanding school just didn’t get that. In fact the evil place as of course I was being flippant before, didn’t understand any of our needs. It was a hell of a school though great kids having said that, I’m closer to those from my first school for the blind. We are still friends. My Dearest Trix is from there and JB as well as Tracy. Of course that is where I met my Husband too.

 

OK, will go now, my washing machine is finished so will do that then empty the dish washer as that is done too. My washing has to go in the dryer which is in the garage. Not looking forward to that as its so’o’oo’oo  cold today. Laters with love and a new carpet….. eeeeeeeee’eeeee’eeee 

No comments: