translate

Monday 18 January 2016

BLIND LOVING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BLIND LOVEING

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

You belong to me

I am yours

You are my destiny

You open all doors

The first time I heard your voice

I knew I had no choice

I had to say hello

But how to get to you?

I didn’t know

Were your eyes brown, green or blue?

Was your hair red, black, brown or blonde?

Just through your words I felt that bond

That connection

Some affection

Like magnets pulling together

I wanted to be in your arms forever

I knew no one in that room

You burst my bubble my balloon

I was deflated

Should I have waited?

No, I had to get to you before you went

I felt like a child in a candy shop

But money all spent

Nothing left for that lolly pop

Empty pockets

But my heart was in a rocket

Just how to fly to you?

Follow each word

Hang onto each sentence

Fly like a bird

That makes sense

As I walked in your direction

I didn’t care of others reaction

My eyes didn’t see what was in my way

Hands out what would you say?

Such a fool I must have seamed

When I found you so close to me now

My mouth went dry what to say and how?

Mumbling

Stuttering

Spluttering fool

So badly I wanted to come across as cool

As I spoke some rubbish

Saying goodness only knows what?

Suddenly the room became so hot

Everything about you I fell in love with

My entirety I wanted to give

It was obvious my eyes didn’t see

But in my heart I begged you to want me

Only you that day in my world, twas you I saw

And now what do I see compared to those with sight?

So very much more

I was blessed as you saw through my eyes into my soul

I was the flames and you the coal

It wasn’t about a part of our brain which works or not

Even feelings of cold or hot

But a deep and meaningful need

If we part our hands will bleed

Our hearts will stop

Our hunger won’t feed

We would give up on the lot

As it’s you I need

And me who wants you

You know I’m speaking words so true

  You turned my river into an ocean so blue

And dirty snow into a sheet of white

 Such a glow

You reached for my hand and we were good to go

I had butterflies inside

Joyful tears I cried

It wasn’t an easy ride

As I was the first blind person you have ever met

You look at my face

I see your soul

You see things for me I will never know

There are things I can’t do

But more I can

I look into your world

You see in mine

I wanted to thank you with these words of gratitude

I love you to the moon

I kiss you and touch you, and will treasure you always

I want to spend my life with you by my side

As man and wife husband and bride

Fiona Cummings ©

Written for those without sight. Love is out there, just go and find it.

No comments: