translate

Friday 15 January 2016

THE BLIND INTERIOR DESIGNER?


My Poem “Why and how “has been read again, this poem has been read about six hundred times by my Bloggets. I don’t know why or how. Smile.

 

It is a pretty gruesome poem. My mind must have been in a very distressed place at the time.

 

It is almost one in the morning Hub and I am like two geeks on our computers. Waiting for the turkey to cook…. Yep, you read this correctly. We bought a turkey crown and it is in the oven but didn’t go in until ten this evening, or should I say yesterday evening.

 

Waggatail and the Little Fella are in their beds but LF has just fallen off haha haha. I just heard a thud.

Bells rang, not from the nearby church but from his collar. Poor baby, he is so lollopy. So long and gangly. Little Waggs is very small, though she has put on loads of weight since this awful new guide dog food. Really I hate it. It stinks and she doesn’t even like it. Twice last week she left it and to be honest, she’s not really enjoying it. It’s so greasy too.

 

Little Fella yesterday was so funny so cute. He decided to get on my knee for a cuddle, well, Hub said no, he isn’t to climb on knees or he will think it’s OK to get on the furniture. So I waited till Hub was out of the room, and then half let him climb up. And he did just that, his back legs were on the floor and he jumped up then turned his body on its side and looked so funny. Teen said the Little Fella had issues. Hahheheheh. He smiles you know, he is so cute so loving. He has a rather odd nose. It looks like it is ready to fall off. As though he has been picking the seams.

Rather than picking his nose? Gross.

He is so tall, and so slim are his long legs. He has delicate ankles. Oh he is adorable. Well, I heard Hub coming back in the living room, so I whispered for him to get down…. He just wagged his tail and stayed still I told him again, this time trying to be stern. I tried to push him. He wouldn’t move. But he was sweet. So funny. I guess some would say naughty. Hehehehehe. Oh, Hub caught him. Oops. I got wrong but I saved LF and told Hub it was my fault… and when I said goodnight to him and Waggatail last night, they were in their bed side by side they turned to each other nose to nose, stayed there for ages, then kissed each other as though to say nighty night.

 

I have taken my bandage off my hand as I couldn’t type and it was driving me mad. I hurt it today it was scratched badly wouldn’t stop bleeding so the first aid box came out cleaned it and Bobs your Uncle. (Saying)

 

This weekend we have a joiner coming that should be a laugh…. I think Hub is going to our town tomorrow to collect a watch battery well, his watch with the new battery in. £20 for blooming battery? It is the lovely unusual Bradley watch I wrote about a year ago. I bought Hub it for Christmas last year.

 

Keep warm this weekend as if you are in the UK it’s going to be free’ee’ee’ee’eezing   

 

The colour I’m painting my office, notice I say my, office, not Hubs though Hub has it called already, his den? Really? Hmm. We shall see. I love the colour in my head. Kind of golds milky coffee’s you know I think that is a colour that will look lovely if the sun is shining through the window in the summer, and in winter, it is a warm colour but not dark, with the right lighting, it will look very cosy an yet delicately bright, but not a shine in your face bright, as I have picked mat finish for the walls and ceiling is shiny white with all of the gloss work also, shiny white.

 

I don’t personally like these but if you do the best kind of lighting for winter in my opinion, is a floor lamp. Not too low and not too high. Some cream coloured candles scattered around your room and a thick rug on a light wooden floor the rug must be of natural colours or burnt orange perhaps light reds? Cushions for the sofa to match if it’s the lounge you are decorating too. And light coloured curtains or a very simple pull down blind. So during the day, you let all the natural light in and in the evenings, you can pull down the blind but if it’s a roll down, it is so minimalistic and neat.

 

Some people in winter hang heavy velvet or other materials which are dark and heavy and that will only darken your room.

 Lamps are lovely as if you have a centre ceiling light they are really harsh, even if you have them set on a dimmer switch. So a lamp in the corner will give your house that homely feeling.

 

I love mid wooden coloured doors like a mid-oak or pine, with bright silver handles if you go for the mid wood, again winter and summer your house will always look bright.

 

A soft cream vase will look lovely too as for pictures on your walls? I try to match the frames with the same colours as my door handles and ceiling lighting unless like my lounge, my wall paper is cream with gold embossed, so I have gold frames. My bedroom is apricot dark on the bottom light on the top and I have a beautiful plate that is quite rustic to feel it’s a painting of Spanish dancers and there is a apricot kind of orange featured a lot in the plate, also I have a large, well, it’s a foot long china tiger also depicting the orangey kind of apricot colours. That with pure white bedding I love.

 

Wood or laminate flooring is great for pets as you can just wipe up if they decide to decorate your floor. Carpets, oh no chance.

 

Leather sofas also can be wiped down with ease.

 

Not sure how I got onto this subject, are you? I just love interior decorating that would have been one of my dream jobs if I could see.

 

Oh before I go to bed, must tell you this. I found this really funny. Today as I locked my front door, I suddenly remembered I didn’t have pockets in my trousers that I was wearing and my coat had shallow pockets. Well, I turned to my friend Artie; I asked her would she mind carrying in her bag my keys? She obliged and asked me if I wanted anything else in her bag? I with delight handed her my mobile then my bank card. Hahaha. We were in the shop, I had to ask her for my phone, then my card and handed them all back to her to continue carrying bless her. Then as the shop assistant laughed about it, words just fell from my mouth.

“Well, why bother with a bag when you have an Artie? Hahahahha.

 

OK, must sleep now, or try to. I hope your sleep is a gentle one and without worries. With love as always. Xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: