translate

Tuesday 5 January 2016

MOUSE TRAP


Well, are you ready for this? So, we have a mouse in the house I’m totally freaked out by it. The council won’t come out as we own our house. So that has changed. So we phoned pest control. After taking loads of details, guess how much? Now, you need to know last time I got someone out, OK, it was about fourteen years ago, but it was for rats in the loft. Quite a funny story. Our house was brand new and clean I put a sack with a box of chocolates and other boxes of treats in overnight as it was Christmas time I thought I was hiding it in a great place for Santa to deliver to my Son. Well, rats love chocolate, ate through a plastic sack, a large box and right through to other boxes of treats. They love chocolate more than cheese I was told.

 

I paid £40 for a man to come out and sort out our problem. He didn’t catch any but the noise on the ceiling when in bed at nights was as if out of a horror movie.

 

He blocked up a hole he thought where they or it was coming through. We never heard them again.

 

£40 then, now? For a mouse? Come on, guess?

They or he makes three visits. First one to see if there are holes in our walls. If there are it is an additional cost. Then he lays traps.  Comes back a second time to remove any dead. Then a third to see if all OK? And if not? Another fee?

 

So, the amount they were going to charge until I told her the lady on the line, where to go, in an ever so polite manner of course.

£535 plus VAT.

Say, whaa’aa’aa’t?

No way not a chance. How dare they charge so much?

 

Hub sent for a trap it comes tomorrow and teen is I hope bringing one in from work. So that will cost about £15. Even if PC charged one hundred, but well over £500?

 

So let the party start. Anyone for a game of mouse trap?

  

 

No comments: