translate

Friday 8 January 2016

DIARY OF THE MAGIC CARPET


How can I start this blog? I guess by firstly the most important thing and that is to ask how you all are? I’m sitting down for the first time today and it’s four in the afternoon. A continuation with the office clearance. One of the guys came from the team I have been asking to come out since August. He’s a nice guy as they all are. He was telling me the reason why my man didn’t come out yesterday was because of the floods they have had a lot of work on to which my answer was well, there were no floods August September and so on?

 No answer.

 

It rained all yesterday and all night but today just cool. No rain.  Dry so Hub went to town with the Little Fella. This was his first big day out in town the two of them since we lost LC, in September. We have been to the hair dressers just before Christmas but that was a five minute walk from the bus stop. Today Hub went further and he hasn’t done the routes with the guys from Guide Dogs with the Little Fella, he did of course know where to go with LC but that was four months ago  and because Long Chops had been doing it for a while she knew Hubs routine. LF it was all new and would Hub remember the way?

 

I stayed at home as had to wait for the guy to come out and do preparation for our refurbishment  this did not fill Waggatail with joy. She lay in the porch crying. Then she realised that tears wouldn’t do any good so she went to bed sulking and slept like a log! I guess making up for LF time as he never lets her sleep during the day.

 

So our guy came and took two hours to hang a mirror, a clock, and picture hook as well as removed a cable box from the office. There were loads of jobs for him to do yesterday when they were first due but because they didn’t come, Hub did it all as I wrote including removing the door from the room.  I just hope we won’t be paying by the hour? Haha. I have to pay the guy I phoned originally as they have to come out to fix our alarm and the light fitting in the office. I joked asking him will it take them another six months. But he gives me back exactly the cheek I give him only I don’t joke….

 

The man came with the carpet samples. Gosh, that was odd. He brought five samples. Is that all? I told them what colours I wanted I didn’t say plain or patterned. They were all plain. Well trust me; I liked the feel of one but colour of another. The guy who brought them out was sweet. He described the colours.  It is always funny to hear someone doing that. See, people with sight never have to describe colours. Unless it’s my friend Artie. She is great at that!

 

Off the guy went with my wishes of what he can find. And I was to learn of the price this afternoon.  Well the lovely sweet lady on the other endo of the phone is a character. Slightly away with the fairies. If you could hear her speaking oh it’s simply hilarious. In fact so funny I crack up. And then it becomes a little embarrassing. Especially as I can’t continue the conversation without laughing out loud.  I wish I could record on here and I would do an impression. Hahaheheh. Oh, I’m laughing as I’m writing. I can still hear her voice.

 

Anyway, she told me the price. I was ever so shocked in how much. It’s a small room. I thought about it then called her back. Now hub was from the town by then and he was playing with wires as he does, trying to fix something technical. He is so serious and by his voice you wouldn’t know if he was joking or not.   He is so dry. Well, I told  him how much then said I was going to call her back as I knew by the fact that Hub was quiet over the matter that he too thought it was too deer.  So this is how the conversation went.

 

“Hello, this is Fiona.

*”Oo’ooh hello’o’o’o! ah ah’a’a’a!”

“I was wondering if you could give us a better deal on your price if we were to buy a thinner underlay?”

“Ah’a’a’a’a yea’r’r’r’r.”

And the odd sound effects continued as Hub in the background could be heard to be saying. “EE, you cheeky thing it was you who said all of that.” Well with me being cheeky saying it was Hub when it wasn’t and her being the way she is, I started to laugh and couldn’t stop. It was so bad.

 

Anyway then when she said she would knock some money off for a thinner underlay, because I have not seen the carpet as I wanted the feel of one and the colour of another, I rightly asked her if the carpet I was going to get would be as thick as the one the nice guy brought this morning? Answer?

“Ah’a’a’ah’hh’hha’a’a’aa, thick. Yea’aa’a’arrr’rrr  thick, that was our Craig!!!!!!”

Ahahhahahahahahah. Poor guy, he was perfectly normal as far as I could tell…. I said no, I meant the carpet… Hehehehehe. She said yeah. Thick.

O

K

        

Two days before Hub goes back to work. Three weeks we have been together on holiday. I must say it will be weird being on my own again but like I said to him, at least its nutlike the old job where he would not be going to work an hour away, he would be travelling to South Africa China, the US or further. Gosh I hated those days.

 

Tomorrow teen is off with lots of friends a train journey away. Oh no sleep for me again tomorrow night as he won’t be back till the next day about eight in the morning. Mind you, not slept for weeks, before five in the morning, totally disliked my sleep pattern.

 

Teen also has told me he is going on holiday with his friends. Oh gosh. Really? He was due to go last year before you know who decided to lay down the law even though she went on her holiday with her friends. Well, goodbye to old rubbish. I just know that he will be missed and he is talking about going for ten days. I just wish he mixed with lads who were not wasters as in drinkers. They aren’t interested in anything other than drinking.  But at least by that point, he will be nineteen. Gosh my baby nineteen? He will always be my baby though.

 

Pleased to report we don’t seem to have any more mice. I have gone through the kitchen today and everything has been washed and double washed. I just don’t know how people cope with cats? May be they just are not as fussy as I am? Just the kitchen I felt ill all week thinking of a mouse being on the worktops, I did wash lifting everything up and washing everything well today it got done again but even more so.

 

One more night with Tommy the trap and let’s see what happens? I hope nothing.

 

Will close for now, take care cos I care. X

   

No comments: